Sunday, September 6, 2026

Water Stories

 


It has poured all day today, thanks to storm Marie. This is supposed to be an El Nino year, so lots of rain through the winter...beginning now? Beginning now with the newly felt -subtle shifts, held by those who pause and notice.

The weather brings not only doors left wide open to feel the coolness and allow the scent of the moist air a way to drift in, but it brings the excitement and gratitude for the water that comes infrequently and the huge waves that bring the magic crashing down on those brave enough to venture into the water.

We're back to mostly or fully sunny, 89° - 102°  over the next ten days. So glad I was able to enjoy today.


Hurricane Marie Turns Newport Beach Into Pipeline

LINK 10:22 minutes About 20 hours ago

More from The Wedge today


My friend sent me this older, 2020, Radio Lab episode: OCTOMOM. It was a very good listen.


The Beach Boys - California Saga (Big Sur) (Visualizer) 2:56 minutes

LINK

In fact, maybe just go listen to the whole album! I had also posted a note about this album back in 2014, when we'd gone to Big Sur. Dreamy.

We've also been going down memory road listening to other music and making our "Concerts" lists. The differences in our lists is wonderful. More about that soon. But, for today's watery post...here are some Beach Boys tidbits. That bumper sticker was in the back window of my 1966 Mustang during that time 🙂. I love the old & broken (no pin anymore, just a twist tie) Pray For Surf button. I hung it on my rotating bulletin board cloth (from Liz), so I can smile whenever I see it.


What water stories have kept you afloat?

 

May you add in things that make you smile

May you add in wonder and excitement both

May you add in to your now, pieces of who you've always been

xo

#goodenough

No comments: