Monday, September 7, 2026

Comparing Changes and Old Things

 I wanted to check out the river today, after our big rain day yesterday...so we did. We could see where the water had traveled, expanding the width of the river.  We could see more water, as the river was less covered by all of the growth. 

There were lots of clouds and muggy air. 91°. There were a lot of lizards out. 27 to be exact.



The earth was almost pungent after the rain, but the trees and plants shone in the sun.




I decided to look in the bag, where I've been saving some of the weaving work. I had forgotten that there were older, prepared Power Sticks and small weavings in there. 

So, looking at the photo below:

TOP: All white weaving on oak stick

MIDDLE ROW:  L.A. Fires weaving; from sky to sea on rusty nail, Environment weaving w/ short tree on oak stick, Most recent Power Stick: Rainbow and Beads. I plan to write "Love is the Answer" on the colorful cotton that hangs down.

BOTTOM ROW: Old woven and stitched piece - what will I do with it next? 2 Power Sticks and one Metta Loving Kindness stick (on the right).

I have no idea what to do with these, as I just made them for the energy and process of making them...and without any idea of next home in mind. Also, I took the last two strips out of the dye pot, so they are rinsed, washed and ready to be written on. Lastly, I had considered 'planting' some Medicine Bags today, but wasn't feeling secure with the weather staying dry. We'll see. 


Where have you tucked away forgotten things?

 

May you stay present in your days

May you get sweaty with living life

May you give it all away

xo

#goodenough

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool to see various works-in-progress arrayed like that. I find stuff ALL the time in my studio that I forgot about. But water! Watched part of that Newport Beach video in your previous post. Holy cow. I see from other posts online that the LA River is as about as high as it can get. And this is just the beginning?! ~Dee

Anonymous said...

I love how the rain clears the air after a long period without it. It definitely feels like fall here. Deb G

Nancy said...

Dee~ I wrote you a big, long comment...where'd it go? haha Oh well. Anyway, it should be an interesting El Nino winter. I think about a previous wet year, the one when La Conchita fell and wonder what this one will look like. And actually, only the stitched cloth piece is not complete, all of the others are ready to go somewhere...where? haha

Nancy said...

Deb~ I agree about the post rain air! But, we are back to high 90's today, so I'll have to wait for another day for cool Fall feelings!

Maria buysse said...

may we understand , what we dus'nt understand
may we have pace with it
may we be thankful for the others in our live
" i am "
nancy did you recive my mail ?
will you mail back

Nancy said...

Maria~ Ah yes, may we understand. i did answer one email, I think.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Stay present. Get sweaty. Give it all away.

Nancy said...

Grace~ Pretty simple when one gets down to it, eh?