that flower is gorgeous. i bet that flower would give some color. i don't have many flowers in my yard but my sister is saving all her spent flowers for me. she puts them in a plastic bag and puts the bag in the freezer. India Flint talks about dyeing flowers that are frozen first in her book, Eco-Colour.
I actually mail my friend this beautiful great smelling yellow rose from my bush so she could get a whiff! She said she could smell it when she opened the mailbox! I bet it made a lot of postal workers happy along the way! Ha! I really do need to *read* India's book!
Cindy - Deanna - Valerianna Yes I think it is a hibiscus! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus ...used for tea among other things! But so far in my search, I have not seen these glorious colors :)
9 comments:
that flower is gorgeous. i bet that flower would give some color. i don't have many flowers in my yard but my sister is saving all her spent flowers for me. she puts them in a plastic bag and puts the bag in the freezer. India Flint talks about dyeing flowers that are frozen first in her book, Eco-Colour.
I actually mail my friend this beautiful great smelling yellow rose from my bush so she could get a whiff! She said she could smell it when she opened the mailbox! I bet it made a lot of postal workers happy along the way! Ha!
I really do need to *read* India's book!
what is this flower?!? so beautiful.
the flower looks like a hibiscus. i have never seen the color combo before.
Wow, wouldn't that be cool if the dye from that flower
(hibiscus?) would dye the cloth with that amazing gradation?
Cindy - Deanna - Valerianna
Yes I think it is a hibiscus!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibiscus
...used for tea among other things!
But so far in my search, I have not seen these glorious colors :)
OK found it...
http://www.plumeriatreasure.com/hibiscus.htm
There sure are a lot of amazing color varieties!
http://travel.mongabay.com/pictures/0281_giant_orange_hibiscus.html
how about this one...ae
Deanna- yes I think I saw that one!
Post a Comment