Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I feel the earth move


We here in California had our turn for an earthquake at 1:47PM Pacific time. A quick hard jolt...4.3...epicenter close to my house...little aftershocks felt or not...but all is well. No damage known of at this time...

On a much happier note...don't ya just LOVE Carole King???!!! I saw her and James Taylor together last year or so. After growing up on their music and never seeing them in concert, I almost cried when they walked out! It was such an emotional moment :)
Of course, the guy thought I was nuts and was amazed at how I knew the words to almost every song!!!
James Taylor is very subdued kind of guy, but Carole King put out this kind of energy for the whole show!!!
Ahhh...they were amazing!
I hope you enjoyed this video and news update!!!

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

whoah....an earthquake. glad all is well. do you ever get used to that?
love Carole King.

Penny Berens said...

Oh my goodness....and the epicentre so close by....take care.
Carole King....GREAT.

Jeannie said...

I was always amazed that they were married (back in the dark ages). I saw James Taylor in concert in my youth, but Carole King is the one I always wanted to see. I lived in Redwood City for a while and grew up in Seattle, and you never really get used to the shake, rattle, and rolls of Mom Earth. Stay safe and wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Nancy said...

Deanna- Ya I am used to them, but they sure never fail to surprise!

Penny-Thanks, it was really quite small as earthquakes go. This song just popped into my head, so I thought I'd have a little fun with it!

Jeannie- Now, I was always like, "Of course they were together"...they just fit it seemed like! My neighbor is on a mission to see all of the groups, soloists whatever that he loved through the '60's & '70's before they die off. At first I thought how morbid...but then I thought...well No One is getting any younger!!! I am really glad I went.

handstories said...

that must have been so much fun! (the concert, not the quake!) thanks for sharing this song.

Kim said...

I totally got all teary eyed when I saw them in concert last year! Love them.

Nancy said...

Awww... Kim!!!