Very late last night while still cleaning in a corner of my studio
(you'd think my studio was huge, but really I'm just slow! Besides this is Deep Cleaning!)
I found this beautiful treat under a stack of...stuff!
I have no recall where it is from or what kind of bird it belonged to.
I obviously placed it under stuff that is rarely touched to keep it safe.
It's the most beautiful blue.
| The little fuzzies kept falling off, floating away as I handled it. |
| I wonder how the little holes got there. |
| Low and Behold when I turned it over, I saw that it was a magic feather! |
| Trying to capture the blueness of it, it looks like a painting! |
| Wowzie- surreal looking |
| Gotta love all those lines (barbs) and fuzz! |
Sadly, even later last night my neighbor's cat woke me when it killed a small sparrow right outside the bedroom window. I think I need a nap!
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011
8 comments:
well, you know i love a blue feather! i wonder what amazing bird it was attached to?
Perhaps a blue gull from the sea--Hope you saw the Brother David post you inspired--today over at http//msuncertaintyprinciples.blogspot.com/---and I so loved yesterdays post--We ARE okay!
the next to the last image looks like a beautiful watercolor painting. maybe it captured part of the blue sky as it floated down.
Cindy- I was wondering! It is so worn, this feather.
Michelle- Perhaps, but I have never seen a gull near here that is anything but gray and white. Thank you for the compliment of feeling inspired. That's nice to know. We Are OK!
Deanna- I was tempted to post all 12 photos - they each had something different to offer! Yes I thought, "How does a photo look like a painting - so much?"
Made me think of Deb and her sky scarf!
http://beecreative.typepad.com/bee_creative/2011/09/cloud-making.html
maybe an indigo dip
Jude- HA!
What a wonderful surprise you hid for yourself! Love that.
Peggy- Yes surprise presents to me are sure fun! Ha!
Post a Comment