Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

I wear my hair in two fine braids today
shades of gray and browns in many hues
tangled round and 
                 round each other                     
       their ends curling in unison 
Between lunch and life 
  I hike among the hills
dry sage fills me, 
   soft old dirt
      replenishes me
I am grounded by the brilliance of the sun
while nuances of light and dark call to me
and the promise of the future rests
     gently in my hand













A slow moment's movement
   towards the resting jars of glass
fabric waits patiently 
     red earth, a passing grit between 
                     my fingers
and tea's warmth embraces my fingertips and wraps around my heart, the aroma waifs past,
     blending with the rosemary into a  heady  combination
           of summertime bliss

Bathed in golden sunshine
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

9 comments:

Ms. ∆×∆p×≥h/4π said...

There you are! How lovely your smile and that curled braid, both looking toward the future bathed in light.

sally.wilson said...

Nancy, this is such a poetic post, I really love it. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on my feather. I really meant a lot to me. sally jo

Nancy said...

Michelle - Yes, I suppose there is a time to look back and a time to look forward...to every season...turn, turn, turn! I hope to never grow too old to wear braids.

Sally - I'm glad you enjoyed this post. I would really like to do more poetic or prose writing. I am so used to my professional writing as a teacher and sometimes it's hard to step out of that!
Thanks for your comment here. That is what makes this community so special.

Drucilla Pettibone said...

i love your beautiful braids! and nature's other gifts too.

Nancy said...

Thanks Dru!

handstories said...

i'm a braid lover & wearer, too. and that beautiful golden cloth- did you dye it? you seem to be in a very good place these days.

woman with wings said...

Now that's sheer poetry!

Loved journeying with you today, Nancy. Beautiful cloth on rosemary...

Nancy said...

Cindy- There is something about braids...they are earthy and powerful! Yes the cloth on the left was dyed in red dirt. The one on the right was tea. They have been in the sun, but I see tonight they have faded a bit.

Peggy- Thank you :)

That rosemary smells divine!!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

beautiful you, really beautiful
cloth. dyed in red dirt.
those words are poetry to me...
have you talked about what you did and i missed it? xoxo