Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dusting of Fall

There is a light dusting of fall in the air
Leaves spin by on a gentle breeze
A speckling of walnuts and acorns decorate the earth here and there
Although the heat continues, the nights feel cooler
After such an odd summer season in the United States, filled with
excessive heat waves, hail, earthquakes, tropical storms, floods, severe winds, tornadoes and hurricanes...
I can't say I mind the shift
The colors of fall
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

4 comments:

handstories said...

these are beautiful- what's your plan for them?
fall is my favorite season & the colors, too.

Jeannie said...

Oh my!!! The colors of fall in your rovings are gorgeous. We went from 99 degrees to 77 overnight. It was so cool that I even dug out some socks. The oven was used once the cobwebs were banished. Wishing you a beautiful day.

woman with wings said...

Nancy, beautiful but you can't show and not tell! Did you dye the wool yourself and how and will you now spin it yourself and then knit or crochet? Or what? xo

Nancy said...

Cindy- I have no plan! Ha.
Yes, fall and spring really speak to me.

Jeannnie - Yes it cooled off here also, but that won't last! It's warming up again!

Peggy- I bought these at a felting workshop I went to a few years back. 2 are wool and the bottom 'clump' is silk. I had so much fun that day that I thought I'd like to try it some more, but I never did (yet?!)
I really have no idea what I may do with them.
I don't spin, so I am not sure. I do like looking at them and feeling them as they are, for now. But, maybe I will have to learn to spin!