Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 13, 2011 #2

A day of exploring old cloth
Followed by an evening walk
Exploring the neighborhood
The slow pace of summer
(click on photo to enlarge)
Sunflower withers in the evening sun



Even an ordinary grass shares details with the observant

A few blocks away, the road leads into the hills


Ancient oak and a recent passing marked
Neighbors ready for a relaxing summer chat

1 crow & 3 turkey feathers
And one smooth worry stone
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

8 comments:

Penny Berens said...

A lovely day of photographs, Nancy.
Thanks for dropping by at Tanglewood Threads. I'm still smiling because the noise of those hungry crow hatchlings must be driving you crazy right now!

Nancy said...

Oh yes, young or old the crows have big meetings in my back yard!

Jacque said...

Beautiful photos, Nancy.

Nancy said...

Awww...thanks Jacque!

woman with wings said...

Nancy, what great posts, this and the whole first page. I just read back a ways here and I love your blog! It is exactly what you say, a record of your life, turning moments into memories. That makes me think. Maybe I hold back too much...

Nancy said...

Peggy - thanks for stopping by! You were lucky to be able to read back easily as I am still new at this and there are not years of posts!!! I sincerely appreciate you doing that and your comment too. I know I still hold back a lot. It's hard to find the balance and walk that fine line, that's for sure.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

love going on this walk with you...you did so well giving the sense of seeing as if we were shoulder to shoulder...
thank you for this.
xoxo

Nancy said...

Yes - I am finding a lot of pleasure in seeing so many different locals on everyone's blogs. It is so nice!