Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Delaney & Bonnie & Friends - Never Ending Song of Love - 45 rpm



UPDATE: YOU CAN LISTEN TO THIS VERSION OF NEVER ENDING SONG OF LOVE INSTEAD, SINCE THE ONE I HAD POSTED IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I LIKE THIS VERSION FOR THE HANGIN' OUT WITH FRIENDS QUALITY.  THAT'S WHAT IT WAS LIKE AT HIS PLACE.  THE END OF THE VIDEO HAS SOME OF THE MATILIJA MAGIC INFORMATION, SO CHECK IT OUT OR FOLLOW THE LINKS HERE.  THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY POMEGRANATE TRAIL.

This is one my favorite songs, by one of my favorite groups!  If you are not familiar with Delaney and Bonnie you really should check them out.  SO amazing each in their own right...but together...WOW!  Here is another favorite titled Poor Elijah.  When you read their bio's, you'll see how accomplished they are.  You Tube is chocked full of their music.  I could listen for days.  I chose this song to put here because it is so happy and full-to-bursting with love and good feelings!  Anyone can sing and dance along!
If you explore around You Tube...I'm sure you'll find more of their songs to fall in love with!  And you will undoubtedly stumble on their daughter Bekka - who has one of the most amazing voices ever!  I never tire of hearing her sing.  One of my favorites is the video of her singing this song soon after Delaney's passing.  Her heartbreak is palpable.  His version is just as heartbreaking.        
Their daughter Michele is a talented artist.  I love her portraits with body painting and the work she did on the CD cover for another friend: CoCo Carmel Whitlock's First Fruit.  CoCo's tribute to Delaney "Rest in Peace" is hauntingly beautiful.  She has a whole awesome body of work too.  CoCo is married to Bobby Whitlock and they make beautiful music together these days!
Michele, with her sisters Suzanne and Bekka have started a foundation to help musicians in need.  They have also begun the process of creating a movie, a documentary, a story...here is the trailer (including a little story about the song I posted here -AKA The Jumprope Song) for Matilija Magic.  They're also trying to get them inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of fame.  It is pretty ridiculous that this has not happened yet.  If you'd like to send a letter on their behalf, I'm sure it would be appreciated.

I know this post is super 'link' heavy...but I saw the tip from Peggy (yep it worked - thanks!!!) and then I put the song up real quick to test it.  Yippee!  When I went back to write this, I did not realize the post was staying up as is...without the story.  I couldn't leave it that way...Delaney, his daughters, his One of a Kind mom - Mamo, CoCo...all friends of mine.  I had to include this part to honor them.  Delaney passed away 2 months after my mom did in 2008.  He is missed by many, myself included.





6 comments:

woman with wings said...

It worked! Great song.

deanna7trees said...

loved it.

handstories said...

ok, i've played this 3 times and am very happy now. thanks!

Nancy said...

Peggy, Deanna, Cindy-
I am so glad you enjoyed the song. Now that I've spent some time writing this post and reflecting on Delaney, my friend ...I hope you stop back by and read about him and Bonnie and their family and friends. Such good memories.
Thanks again Peggy, that way was much easier than what I was trying! :)

Lorenzo da Baja said...

Did ya' ever hear Delaney tell the story of the rooster and the goat? Dang I miss that man...

Nancy said...

Lorenzo- No I have never heard that story, but it sounds like a good one!!!