Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day 

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
~Hodding Carter
 


 
...to all of you who are mothering right now, 
or fill that role for someone,
or have a mother yourself.  
Which is to say...just about everyone!



A scent so powerful, 2 is almost too much!







 


  

Let us take care of the children 
     For they have a long way to go. Let us take care of the elders
      For they have come a long way.
And let us take care
of the ones in between
        For they are doing the work.
             -Nelson Mandela



Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2012

9 comments:

deanna7trees said...

and it is also important to take care of yourself so you can continue to give love and care. happy mother's day.

Jeannie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I love the pillow! At 80+ it still applies to my Mom. She always asks if I have heard from my siblings, even though we are all over 50. LOL! Wishing you a beautiful day.

handstories said...

oh, your mama roses...sniff them for me!

Janet said...

Happy Mother's Day! Lovely flowers and quotes - all so true! I especially like the one by Nelson Mandela - he got that right on.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ Yes, this is so true & thank you, I had a nice day.

Jeannie~ Thank you. I hope you had a nice day too. I bought that pillow for my mom many, many years ago and just love it. The back is rich, blue velvet! It so applies to all mothers, yes?!! That and being reminded to take a sweater whenever you go somewhere!

Cindy~ These are actually my neighbor's roses, but I'll sniff the last of the Mama Rose for you :)

Janet~ Thank you very much. I love quotes and agree - he got it just right! I used to post it in classroom!

blandina (aracne) said...

Roots and wings, how true.
Beautiful quotation, thank you.

Nancy said...

Blandina~ You're right...I always see the truth in this one too :)

Anonymous said...

Love both of your quotes Nancy, first one by Hodding Carter, is one of my all time favorites.

Mandela's quote is so beautiful and touching, I will have to remember that one!

Thanks for sharing, wish I could grow beautiful roses....sigh.
Jacque

Nancy said...

Jacque~ Thanks :) My mom gave me the Hodding Carter one framed once. Give those roses a try! I'm glad you stopped by!