Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Faith

        
3/4. David Whyte: Jerry Wennstrom - Companionship with the Disappearing Light


Some time back I came across a Face Book page (Notice Quiet Nature) - (no longer remember how) and followed the link to their home page.   Their Face Book page is interesting, as they post a variety of subjects.  So, if you're so inclined, check them out there!
Anyway, recently they posted  a You Tube clip of David Whyte reciting a poem (The Opening of Eyes).  Once I listened to that one, I was compelled to listen to many of his other You Tube videos.  In fact, I had a hard time choosing which one to post here, for each one spoke to me in some way.  Even if it was only one line or a particular word choice, there was some sort of connection.  Besides that, I love a good accent!  You can explore his videos in the right sidebar of this one over at You Tube and find his website here.  I had a lovely night of listening and stitching (I'll have to share that later!)

Almost full...February 5, 2012
Here is the moon at my place.  I love how those clouds hold it in a quiet embrace, forming a tunnel-like vision.  Isn't it inviting?  Like a light at the end of the tunnel.  That can provide hope for those in need of some!

Video link if you cannot see it above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLnCl2i3m4&feature=related

   Photo by Nancy A. Erisman ©2012

UPDATE:
Thanks to Deanna's observant eye, I'm happy to share Dee's
link to her related post!  

11 comments:

deanna7trees said...

life requires us to be brave, if we are to live. a very thought provoking video. and your moon is like the wind.

Nancy said...

Deanna- so true...bravery is important!

Serena said...

thank you.
and the moon is beautiful.

Ms. ∆×∆p×≥h/4π said...

Seems like we are all a little moon mad for this one. Something on almost every blog I follow (mine-http://mscomfortzone.blogspot.com/2012/02/full-moon-muse-moonlight-sonata.html) Yours is just lovely lovely with it's quilted tufts of cloud. I'm going now to follow all your links and feel sure I'll get lost there for awhile.
Big hug.

Sherry said...

Hello Nancy,

Like you I am interested in creating, discovering and sharing! So now, when I see pomegranates in the grocery store, I will think of you Nancy describing inspired possibilities!

Thank you for mentioning, Notice Quiet Nature!
Please come visit! Share what connects us or expresses and celebrates nature!

https://www.facebook.com/Notice.Quiet.Nature

Dee said...

Hi Nancy - left you a note on my blog, so won't repeat here... but I am going to link to your post today, since (amazingly) we both linked last night's moon with David Whyte and his poem called "Faith". I'll be back to see what else is cooking here!

Nancy said...

Serena- Yes...don't those clouds just make it?!!

Michelle- Yes! I saw your post too :) "tufts of cloud" Ahhh...

Sherry- Awww...thank you! I'm so glad you came by :)

Dee- Amazing, huh??!!! You're welcome anytime.

jude said...

your moon is like a smudge, i like that

Yvonne said...

I was listening to a David Whyte cd I got while at a talk he gave, this morning! I have loved his poems and books for years - they are such a resource of wisdom. Love the soft rings of colour around your moon.

jenclair said...

I'm a sucker for a good English accent, too. And for words so beautifully strung together.

Nancy said...

Jude- a smudge, yes I like that idea too!

Yvonne- Boy its David Whyte day!!

Jenclair- Most any accent will do for me! :)