Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is Everywhere

A quick hello and a link to share.
I have the mysteries to reveal, but not the time tonight.
So, instead I will send a loving Happy Valentine's Day in the 

But, I will be back to share more soon.

Valentine Story:
One year, my dad who was not the romantic type...who was not the flowers and candy type...who was not the gift or card buying type...
One Year he tied a wrinkled ribbon around his neck, put on his 1970 era yellow shorts, and gave my mother a card (yep, he'd actually bought one that year)...
when he surprised her by giving himself as her gift to celebrate Happy Valentime's Day, because that's how he said it, that's how he was.
I remember it because it was funny and silly and a unique action on my dad's part.
I remember it because my mom laughed and laughed and loved it so.
We all enjoyed this simple act of love in the moment and for many years after.

15 comments:

saskia said...

what a great story, yes laughter is so important in our lives! and those beautiful images........left me smiling, love

Ulrike said...

I bet it was the best Valentine's ever ;o)

jenclair said...

The Natural World valentines are beautiful and made me smile.

What a great story about your dad's unique gift to your mother!

deanna7trees said...

such a nice story. hope your day was sweet.

Serena said...

a very nice story indeed. happy belated valentines day.

saskia said...

just listened to David Whyte, wow, a big thank you for the tip

woman with wings said...

Nancy, fun & sweet memory for you. I love it and I'm not even part of the family! Remember feeling so good when our parents were happy together? xo

handstories said...

a very sweet story. love & laughter.

Drucilla Pettibone said...

i love that story!! so silly and charming, it reminds me a little of my dad. happy v-day to you!

Kim said...

Great story! I'd never heard that one :)

Nancy said...

Thanks for all of the nice comments and for stopping by everyone! And, Peggy it is nice when your parents are happy! Kim- there is a photo in with Mama's stuff :)

Deb G said...

Love this story...it reminded me of something my dad did once too. :)

Nancy said...

Deb- Dad's are a kick sometimes aren't they!?

helen said...

That is a really great story Nancy...I love it when people do something completely out of character.

My father is not the romantic type at all either, and never did do anything for valentine's day...but...for years, every year, my mother received a card from an anonymous admirer. They stopped when she died 26 years ago and their sender remains a mystery to us all :~)

I love the hearts found in nature you showed. I have lots of photos of the ones I've found over on my Flickr site

Nancy said...

Helen- Glad you stopped by! I'll have to check out your pics :)