Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Heart & Mind and Sun & Moon

             
Sir Ken Robinson - Educating the Heart and Mind

Enjoyed some time, as I was stitching down the sun, today while listening to this excellent presentation.
I come from a family of educators, supporting the growth of infants to middle-schoolers, with some adults thrown in for good measure.  The women in my family & our friends have chosen to educate, nurture...teach.   This is something I am proud of.
This video made me reflect on how many of the children in my past may have enjoyed more success in 'alternate' learning environments.  Maybe I would have too.
Additionally, this was a thought provoking video to watch as 
I have just begun a new class with Jude Hill.  Her online style is a breath of fresh air, suiting my personal learning style to a T!


This piece should work it's way to complete by tomorrow. 

 



The moon, done in blue in honor of our blue moon last month has been waiting patiently.
I think now that these two elements are placed, I may need to pause and take a little look.  I may add a bit more, I may leave this cloth very 'open-ended'.
I'm thinking 'story starter' like Michelle's gift.  I like not knowing where I am going with cloth.  I like following along, exploring...being surprised.  It's pretty fun that way!
 Tra La La...off I go ~ to sew.....

Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2012

*Note- Beautiful blue moon fabric by Deb Lacativa.  Find her work here:
http://randomactsofdyeness.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Karen M said...

Hi Nancy, I have heard this presentation before too-it's great and thought-generating. See you in the Spirit Diaries forum.

Deb G said...

I'll have to catch up with that speech later...really liked what he had to say for his TED talk. Love your moon, it's just right. Dreamy and soft...

Nancy said...

Karen~ "thought-generating" is a good way to put it. Yep, see ya over there.

Deb~ It's funny how hard it is to fit in the longer presentations. I'll look for the TED talk. I'm still using my computer camera and it is pretty tricky getting a decent photo!

yvette said...

love it..

Nancy said...

Thanks Yvette!

handstories said...

i love how your blue moon glows. there is lots to think about here.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ Yes that computer photo give the moon a nice quality. But I had gorgeous fabric to start with, dyed by Deb Lacativa. Here is her link:
http://randomactsofdyeness.blogspot.com/

I'll add it to the post too, I meant to put it there. :)