| cairn |
We stop at this well-known beach on our way back down the coast. We notice this large ocean-side cairn right away.
This beach is made up of thousands and thousands of tiny rocks.
Each one unique.
| So many |
The boy added another rock and I tried to capture the sunlight shining through.
| Adding his own |
| Sunlight |
We hung out for a while inspecting tiny rocks.
The boy spent some time trying to knock down the cairn he had just added to!
Not to worry, it was still standing when we left!
| Standing strong |
| Treasures |
I get it into my head that a cairn should be built on my hand, making a cool photo!
Except, I am laughing so hard that I can barely stand still!!
It's super hard to be still while laughing and taking a photo!
First my guy tries...
...and then the boy gives it a shot.
He succeeds by thinking a little bit differently about how they should be stacked.
Thinking outside the rocks!
| Ta-Da!! |
We hunt around some more, finding beautiful rocks, stitched seaweed, sticks
and proof others were here before us.
| Treasures on a nice flat skipping stone |
| Stitched |
| The zebra stick ( a silly naming!) and sea stitches |
| Feathers in a rock circle shrine |
| Fish bones! |
| Cairns aplenty |
That's it for this installment.
Coming soon gardens, seals, artistic expressions...
I hope you'll join me,
Nancy
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2014
5 comments:
another installment to make me wish for a sea breeze :-)
dito here!
the cairns, large and small are eye candy
Michelle~ Ah, it is beautiful there and such nicer weather!
Saskia~ The whole place is eye candy!! But for some of it you have to look closer :)
I was here about 20 years ago! I still have a little cup full of the blue & green rocks I collected.
Cindy~ It's a place that stick with ya!
Post a Comment