Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

6~ July Trip 2014

Moonstone Beach...


cairn
We stop at this well-known beach on our way back down the coast.  We notice this large ocean-side cairn right away.

This beach is made up of thousands and thousands of tiny rocks.
Each one unique.

So many
The boy added another rock and I tried to capture the sunlight shining through.

Adding his own

Sunlight

We hung out for a while inspecting tiny rocks.  
The boy spent some time trying to knock down the cairn he had just added to!

Not to worry, it was still standing when we left!

Standing strong
Treasures
I get it into my head that a cairn should be built on my hand, making a cool photo!

Except, I am laughing so hard that I can barely stand still!!
It's super hard to be still while laughing and taking a photo!
First my guy tries...




...and then the boy gives it a shot.
He succeeds by thinking a little bit differently about how they should be stacked.
Thinking outside the rocks!




Ta-Da!!
We hunt around some more, finding beautiful rocks, stitched seaweed, sticks
and proof others were here before us.

Treasures on a nice flat skipping stone

Stitched

The zebra stick ( a silly naming!) and sea stitches
Feathers in a rock circle shrine

Fish bones!

Cairns aplenty

That's it for this installment.
Coming soon gardens, seals, artistic expressions...

I hope you'll join me,
Nancy

All photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2014

5 comments:

Ms. said...

another installment to make me wish for a sea breeze :-)

saskia said...

dito here!

the cairns, large and small are eye candy

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Ah, it is beautiful there and such nicer weather!

Saskia~ The whole place is eye candy!! But for some of it you have to look closer :)

handstories said...

I was here about 20 years ago! I still have a little cup full of the blue & green rocks I collected.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ It's a place that stick with ya!