Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Passing



"The best way out is always through." -Robert Frost

               


Sometimes it is a crossroads, other times it is a vast wilderness that you wander around, or through...or all of that.  It just depends.
Sometimes tragedy weighs you down or lightens your load, or both.
It is different for everyone.
It is different moment-to-moment or day-to-day.


Sometimes you embrace others, while other times you work through the tangles alone.

I guess there isn't one right way because feelings are too layered and too complicated.
And they change over time.



Things change.
You may know someone for a lifetime...for a while...for a moment.
You may never really know them, even while you do.


In the end it all just is.
And how or if it matters is yours alone


It is ours to live
and die
and live...


May we all have what we need on the journey
May we be able to help others with what they need
May we all, in some way, be powerful enough to soar
In the end, may we find and hold peace in our hearts, even if that's hard to do


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2017

*Background...
My grandson's father was killed.  They are moving through this time of grief.  Those who know them move through this time too.  We offer love, support and a donation if we can.
Every loss, is a loss.
Healing required.
Here is the link to their Go Fund Me, if you should want to donate to that healing.
https://www.gofundme.com/treyshealing

The above video is a partner (in my mind) to this one, recently posted by my daughter.
I have posted it here in the past, years ago.
Bekka brings it home to her listeners.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXg4lBmIrLE

                                                                                                                                                          

21 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

love to you Nancy, to your daughter, the boy.

Nancy said...

Grace~ Thank you my friend, I feel it. xo

jude said...

I want to say something big enough to hold you all.

Nancy said...

You just did honey. Love you. xo

Mo Crow said...

Oh (((Nancy and all your family))) white light through the ether

Ms. said...

I feel you putting this post together, choosing photographs and that song. Not one wasted word but all together describe powerful emotions familiar to me. I cannot donate by computer means, but if you will email me and address I will send what I can and in a card of my own making to carry caring to that family. I am no stranger to the immensity of this loss.

Liz A said...

How music can save us ... may it bring peace to your loved ones

Nancy said...

(((Mo)))...thank you.

Michelle~ Thank you, thank you. I am sorry you know this type of loss. Love to you. Her PO Box is on the Go Fund Me page, a card will be lovely.

Liz~ Music is everything. Thank you.

Peggy Mcgrail said...

So very sorry for your loss. If people can use the po box to send monetary help, that would be helpful, as i learned that go fund me accounts will be taxed as income plus the website takes 30% of what is gifted.
This post, Nancy, is beautiful and helps me today as I go to visit an elderly family member in a nursing home losing the will to live, and I am so grateful for this blog community.

deemallon said...

oh god Nancy how awful. sending love. and more love.

Marti said...

(Nancy, I've been away from my home since Saturday, staying in Taos and traveling with our daughter and her partner, just got back home tonight after taking them to the airport.)

May you, your daughter and your dear grandson know and feel the loving arms that surround all of you you as you have done for so many of us here in this space, sharing your life with words and photos and caring.

Holding you all close in my heart and I think of our hearts, how they beat, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes irregular but they beat, are strong yet elastic expanding to heal when it is called upon...holding our joys, our sorrows, keeping us going.

Nancy said...

Peggy,
Thank you so much. Yes, the PO Box will be fine. Thank you so very much for offering to donate to them. It means so much to me to have people rally around. Additionally, I am grateful that this post arrived at a time to help you with your elder. We are stronger when we stand together. xo

Nancy said...

To those of you who come here, read my words (sometimes leaving words of your own) and therefore, enter my life in deep and meaningful ways...thank you. Thank your for coming back to hear my stories and share your own. Thank you for reaching out and thank you for supporting my family at this time.
xo

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

oh my Nancy, I am so sorry to read this sad news
love to you, your daughter and your grandson

Hazel said...

I'm so so sorry dear Nancy.
Love. To you and yours. and Peace. oxo

Nancy said...

Saskia~ Thank you so much. Your words mean a lot to me.

Marti said...

Love to you all Nancy as you move through these days. Yesterday, Dia de Los Muertos, an extra candle was lit for your family, holding light, caring, and a quiet prayer for Trey, your daughter, you and the rest of the family.

Nancy said...

Marti~ Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful gesture. Everyone could use a bit of light, yes? Love to you.

Nancy said...

Marti, Dee and Hazel~ Thank you so much for your heartfelt words. For some reason, I haven't been getting all of my comment notifications. But, know that I have now and feel you out there. xo

yvette said...

Nancy, here is my hand.....to hold, help, heal....love you!

Nancy said...

Yvette~ My dear one...thank you. Big love back to you too. xo