Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

For Mo

The past few nights, I've set aside
my most recent technique to quiet and still
the monkey mind while falling asleep.
(more about that another time)

I lay very still, burrowed deep into the covers
warmth surrounds me
My eyes quietly close
I am resting

My mind's eye sees Mo's place,
delicate, old and
in need of special magic from many

I see myself pick up a bodhrán drum I once saw,
beautifully painted with a howling wolf

I begin a steady beat
first in my heart, moving throughout my whole being

I begin silently chanting

Hey oh, oh
Hey oh, oh
Sing a song
for old lady bones
Tunnel below
Tunnel through
Ain't no place 
for old house bones
Ain't no place
to hold these bones
Hey oh, oh
Hey oh, oh
Hold her strong
Hold her long
Sing a song
for these old bones
Hey oh, oh
Hey oh, oh
Hey, 
hey
oh


My voice silently drifts off
I am still
Dearest Mo, may the good thoughts/actions/prayers/magic of many carry all of you through.

Below is a link for the type of drum I mention if you are so inclined.


May the chants of the nights carry you through your days,
xoNancy

12 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

for All our old Bones. Beauty FULL

Nancy said...

Yes Grace~ For all of us, may we all chant together, heal together, be together
xo

Ms. said...

I'm chanting too, sending blessings up in smoke for myself and all of you.

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Honored to have you chanting with us. xo

Mo Crow said...

such a beautiful song
drum drum drumming to the beat of the heart
heart to heart
namaste

Nancy said...

Mo~ Ah, good...you're here. Yes, heart to heart. SO many good hearts in this community.

Peggy said...

So beautiful. Xx

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Beauty matters xo

Maria said...

yes chant over the borders of the continents
of small Belgium
greetz maria

Nancy said...

Maria~ So nice to have you visit the trail and join the chanting.

deemallon said...

lovely. and I'd love to hear your monkey-mind, pre-sleep clearing technique sometime, too.

Nancy said...

Dee~ Thanks and I'll try to figure out a way to write that!