Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

One Year Ago

One year ago we were in shock
numb from the news


One year ago right now 
were standing, sitting, pacing
Our faces tear stained
Our hearts broken

One year ago 
our voices were shaky, quiet
and riddled with anguish

One year ago
we could not imagine today
we could not imagine how to go on





One year ago, this minute
there was a hole in our hearts
forming, deepening


 One year ago today
One year ago today
One year ago today

 Today, I honor one year ago today
I remember the man we lost, taken in the wee hours when we were not expecting it
Today, as we have moved past the well-known markers of the 'firsts'...
today I remember and look both backwards and forwards at the same time

 Today, one year later
I know what was and believe in what could be

Today I honor not only my brother-in-law, Gary,
but his family as they move through their own "one year ago..."
feelings.
I believe in what could be, because I believe in my loved ones.

Hold your own loved ones close as you move through your todays
One never does know what tomorrow may bring. 

With Love, Nancy
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2017

11 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

as Cynthia says to me...

Gentle Day


Love....

Mo Crow said...

Oh ((((Nancy))) that heart shaped cactus leaf...

Els said...

Hugs, Nancy

Nancy said...

Grace~ Yes, gentle day. There are the days to care for oneself and others, as well.

Mo~ Yes, that prickly heart...Love, Life can be like that sometimes.

Els~ Thanks so much.

Ms. said...

What a beautiful post Nancy.

Deb said...

you find yourself in a place you did not choose and nothing you do changes the new view. it will be more time before the other 359 degrees reveal themselves. shy, hesistant. they remain, waiting for you.

Deb said...

you find yourself in a place you did not choose and nothing you do changes the new view. it will be more time before the other 359 degrees reveal themselves. shy, hesistant. they remain, waiting for you.

Nancy said...

Deb~ (((Deb)))...yes you know this too well. Sending love.

AKW said...

�� I am grateful for all that you do to lighten my load.

Lynda Merry said...

Nancy, really beautiful words. There is no guide for the year of firsts. Your instincts have served you well. Thinking about you on this sad anniversary...

Nancy said...

Aim~ We travel this life together, we are sisters. Love to you. xoxo

Lynda~ No, there isn't a guide, for it is different for each person. Thank you for being here with me.