Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Field of Wishes



A field full of wishes
Calling your name
What would you wish for?
Play this game! 


Spreading hope
Dancing in the light
What would you wish for
to make things right?


Balls of white 
Sway in the breeze
What can you DO
to put your mind at ease?


Over at Hazel's, something she said reminded me 
of this quote from a favorite children's book. 

"Remember then that there is only one important time,
and that time is now.
The most important one 
is always the one you are with.
And the most important thing 
is to do good for the one who is standing at your side.
For these, my dear boy, are the answers to what is most important in the world.
This is why we are here"
~ "The Three Questions" by Jon J. Muth


In these days of concern, perhaps what we can do,
is whatever we can do.
We each work and make our own way, our own difference
in the best ways we know how.
Like Hazel wrote about, my days are with the children
and trying my best to do right by them.

May you find your way as well.
xoNancy

Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2017

10 comments:

Ms. said...

Ah you are kindness and beauty personified. What a beautiful field of puff balls ready to disperse on the wind. Lovely. If only I had more children around it might be easier to soften into love this way. What a pleasure to be reminded.

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Aw, you sweetheart. I'm just me, doing the best I can to hang in and hang on...and always looking for way to learn and be. xo

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

you are softly melting into your Way
just Beauty FULL, Nancy....

so fitting of Cynthia's words ....Gentle Day....

Love to you...

Nancy said...

Grace~ Ah, yes, gentle day. Trying to remain soft, yet strong and brave. (((hugs)))

Hazel said...

Delightful dandelions! You've reminded of this one…“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ox to you, Nancy.

Nancy said...

Hazel~ Oh yes! This is a good one too.
Take care, xoNancy

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

as you mention your days are with the children, and where best to start than with them? I'm sure you do do right by them, they are most fortunate to have you by their side

Nancy said...

Thanks Sasx!

Deb G said...

It does start with the children, there is so much hope there. The scarf you sent to me is still making it's way around the infant and toddler classrooms at my center. It's the favorite of one child in particular right now.

Nancy said...

Deb~ Thank you, thank you, thank you for your comment here today! i know you get the world of young ones, but even more...to tell me of the scarf I sent so long ago. I sent it back, early on when I was just getting to know all of you and I've often felt/wondered if it was a silly send, a bit off the mark if you will. So I am very pleased to hear that it means something to a few little someones. (((hugs)))