Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Movement - Two Weekends

Two Walks
Two Weekends, sort of.

Last Monday, Martin Luther King Holiday we were able to go for a hike.
It was the first big hike since I broke my toe last February. 
It was needed.
There is always the locks
Unlocking the stress of life that was 2016, bracing for 2017~
connecting with nature with J. always feeds me.

Uphill!
Downhill

 Yesterday I attended the Woman's March LA with my sister, two of my nieces and a friend.
Being with an estimated 750,000 other like-minded folks was invigorating.



There were people, signs and causes of every sort.
All valuable.  
Voices were raised in protest, pride and anger, camaraderie, fear and Hope.


 When hiking, there was silence.
And there was two voices, traveling together.



There was a wider view.
And there was vision.


 The quiet framed my thoughts in timeless beauty.


The crowd in downtown LA joined in this moment in time to speak up and sing out!




In the hills, there were fossils gathered in the earth;
teaching us that where we stood, there was once an ocean.



Things change.


It is imperative that we change too.
Change is hard.
It takes work.




Yet, in the end, even when the shadows seem long, the only real thing to do is to choose LOVE.
Our future...the future of our planet depends on it.

May you find the strength and flow you need to grow, change and thrive in the coming days.
Take care of yourself, of one another.
xoNancy

Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2017

21 comments:

Ms. said...

Beautiful mix and heart rending conclusion. Once there was and ocean...now there's you and him walking and honoring the remains, opening to the wider vision, gathering courage an strength to continue choosing LOVE. Oh Nancy, yes, this was just what I needed at 3AM as I finally give up the ghost and fold myself into my comforter with a blessing for the planet and each and every being on her.

Nancy said...

Michelle~ I am honored, as always, to share space with you my friend. Breathe deep and sleep well.

Marti said...

Nancy you and J and the land; you and the many who marched. Nature and the nature of people coming together, to speak, to show, to tell, to witness, to BE aware, to connect. Your photos, full circle, deeply moving. Thank you for this uplift.

Nancy said...

Marti~ And thank YOU for being on the trail with me! It is a wild journey, isn't it?!!

Liz Ackert said...

We are together in this ... love of land, both nature and nation. Walking, showing up ... it matters.

Mo Crow said...

half the world's human population is women, spo that's approximately 3.5 billion hearts and hands,together we can subvert the dominant paradigm of greed to mending our beautiful broken world

Els said...

Thanks Nancy !
(for ALL of it)
Thinking about America ... courage to you

Nancy said...

Liz~ Yes, it does...and we do what we can. Thanks for your words Liz...you are always here and appreciated.

Mo~ "women Hold Up half the Sky". Thank you for being here.

Els~You're welcome. Thank you, I (we) will need that courage.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

having trouble leaving comment

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

trying again....
the movement back and forth in these images of all that we are...
our quiet resilience in our hearts

handstories said...

one more try…
I love how you wove these threads into one story, one that holds it all. ox

Nancy said...

Sorry you guys had trouble trying to comment. I have no clue why that would be.

Grace~ Yes, all that we are...(((sigh)))

Hazel~ It just sort of came together. We are one story among the many. We are humanity.

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

indeed, what a difference a day makes, feeling lighter and happier over here as well! take care

Nancy said...

Saskia~ And the next day and the next and the next. Everyday things change drastically. I'm no daily blogger, but if I were...I would not be able to keep up. (((sigh)))

deemallon said...

I hope that even as the world seems to spin (does spin?) out of control that 2017 will bring you more peace, more ease, more happiness. We are in this together, and for that I am grateful.

Nancy said...

Dee~ Yes, so grateful you are on this journey with me. My (our) head is still above water, so far so good. <3

patricia said...

Wow--lots and lots happening. you look wonderful, too! glad the toe is on-the-mend.

patricia said...

and back to second everything you've said. changes is hard.

Nancy said...

Patricia~ Aw, thanks! The toe still has some minor pain, but yes...much better. Thanks. Change IS hard!

Velma Bolyard said...

walking now is good--glad your toe allowed it

Nancy said...

Velma~ Yes. Walking has saved me many a time.