Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

A Bit of This and a Bit of That

Over the past weeks, I've done a bit of this and that...
Embedded in the usual work-live-commute, there was some stitching, 
some visiting & celebrating
and my beloved Big Sur!
There have been wedding celebrations, weddings, baby showers and meeting other babies...
there has been Life!
There was also a new set of wheels, a huge necessity after 239, 297+ miles on the old one!
I am deeply, deeply grateful and appreciate all the little workings of my new ride!

Morning fog, heading to work
 
Perhaps, flowers in the garden?

Breaking Bread to celebrate the newlyweds at their reception!
Fabric stash tiny quilt, maybe 12-14 X 12-14

A Goodnight Moon gift set...welcome new little one!

Game, Story. Song quilt for the 4 year old "big' brother!
Passing on J.'s stocking, made by my Mama years ago.  Now belonging to her namesake, my great-niece!

A visitor from next door!

Welcome to the tribe!  A stocking for a groom!

Stocking for my friend's newest granddaughter. You saw her quilt recently :)

Enjoying a meal (and the pickles!) at our old favorite deli with two incredible elders.
Yum...our childhood bakery, next to the deli
These cakes bring back so many memories of family celebrations!








We traveled to a wedding, seeing friends & family...children and babies...
elders and buddies.  Tribe. Wonderful!
Came home Highway 1, through Big Sur...our tradition.
I couldn't help but think of Grace as I saw these grasses.  I do not recall ever seeing so many clumps growing along here in past visits.  It was so amazing the way they caught the sunlight...the way the sunlight danced on the water.  Man, I love this place!









Back home, my neighbor's trees and our local birds sustain me as I head back to work.

Morning Hawk
I hope you all are finding beauty where you can, appreciating what you can and
holding one another in gentle, loving hearts and arms.
~Nancy
Photo by Nancy A. Erisman ©2016

19 comments:

Liz Ackert said...

It's all good ... better than fine, in fact!

Thanks for the book/quilt/stuffed animal idea. The gears are already spinning into mind.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

ALL,

FULL of love and Beauty

the elder woman's profile with pickle...love her face, her bones, her earlobe

GRASSES...to me so like sentinels

Beauty FULL post, Nancy, thank you and love and love and then some

Nancy said...

Liz~ Thanks! I can't wait to see how your ideas come to life!

Grace~ You were so much on my mind! If you indeed come to CA, there will be so much for you to discover :)

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

yes...now that thought has settled in and replaced the uneasiness.
so much to discover. yes.

handstories said...

What a joy filled, full post! So glad there are such happy things happening for you & yours!

Nancy said...

Hazel~ Yes...joy! It is much welcomed.

Mo Crow said...

Yikes! although beautiful Pampas Grass is a major weed here in Australia & looks like it's becoming a worry in California too!

Ms. said...

The fog, the cakes, the elders, the wonderful quilts and gifts, the visitor from next door and OH< BIG SUR! Love and light to you dear one. Love and light.

Nancy said...

Mo~ I was wondering what kind of grass this was. It sure has taken over this area!

Michelle~ You prompted me to share more in a post! Big love to you too.

Velma Bolyard said...

isn't regular life stuff amazing and wonderful! and your welcome home is also beautiful!

Nancy said...

Velma`~ Yes...so appreciative of all the goodness.

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

heart-warming, life-affirming post, full of wonder at & gratitude for all that is good in our lives, thxX

Nancy said...

Sasx~ It's good to remember all the goodness in our world.

Deb G said...

I see love threaded through all this. Mo is right about the pampas grass, it's considered a noxious weed I think.

Nancy said...

Deb~ Yes, love! Too bad about the grasses though.

layers said...

You have shared so many photos... but the true meaning comes through... family and friends are most important.

Nancy said...

Donna~ Boy, that is the truth! Thanks for stopping by :)

deemallon said...

good to remember the good in the world, as you say. the road, the sea, the gifts of family, the gifts TO family -- thank you for sharing. Congrats on the vehicle upgrade! We made one this year. Traded a 16 year old van in for a used 4wd vehicle -- it's so great having doors that work and not shelling out $1500 every other season for repairs! My favorite shot is the first -- of the foggy road.

Nancy said...

Dee~ Yes, that part of the road with fog is so amazing. Congrats on your new ride too! I strung together this post hanging on hard to positive in the election campaign season...but as you can see I have been up to posting since. Sigh.