Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Lunch Walk in August

Walking on my lunch break, no camera in hand...
                                                  Noticing, noticing, noticing
                                   Pondering...
             Mentally recording all I see, words come to me easily.

*The sound of drums bursting out of an open garage door, played by an unseen musician. 

            *Light scent, pale yellow rose, reminds me of a moment years ago when I mentioned the amazing clouds to a childcare father.  He hadn't noticed, he hadn't looked up.  Woman walking, notices me smelling the rose and follows suit. 

      *6 white, bulbous toadstools?  Mushrooms?  The kind that grow in suburban lawns and put the fear into children who know not if they are poisonous or not.

*Very small finishing nail.  Picked up and carried back to be thrown away, protecting tires and summertime bare feet.

              *Half a shell, paused on a lawn and causing wonder about its journey to this space.

*One lone metallic balloon, half-flat.  Shining on a slow drift upwards and away on an invisible breeze.

Back at the car, shell
 May your days be filled with noticing...
and lots of pondering.
xoNancy



Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2016

11 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

noticing keeps us interested, don't you think?

Nancy said...

Velma~ Yes, I agree...interested and inspired.

wholly jeanne said...

Walking without a camera is salt to the pepper of walking with camera in hand.

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

lovely walk, I sometimes deliberately 'forget' to take the camera/phone on our daily walks, forcing myself to just look and listen, smell and breathe, just being in the moment

Nancy said...

Jeanne~ Yes, that is a lovely way to put it!

Saskia~ Lunch walks usually don't include my camera, unless I see something and go back to the car and get it! And you are so right, being in the moment is nice, isn't it?!

deemallon said...

love posts like this... just the noticing.

Nancy said...

Dee~ Glad you enjoyed!

Peggy said...

Ditto with what Dee said! Thanks for the reminder to pay attention, Nancy, some of my best and sharpest memories were photographed by my inner camera. The heart.

Nancy said...

Peggy~ What a lovely thought :)

Luna Crone said...

Oh-yes-notice!!!!!!!!!!

My IG is called to_notice_

Luna Crone

Nancy said...

Luna Crone~ As my Mama used to say, "Great minds think alike!"