Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Some Cloth


OK Folks...let's give this a try!  I've been wanting to post, but with my computer freezing and having to be powered down every other keystroke...well it is just a tad frustrating!
I made another few of these small tags.


The one above was especially meaningful to do as all of the braiding/knotting gave me time to meditate on the future recipient.

Some of these have gone off to their new homes and some lay in wait for the right time.

I've also been working on this comfort cloth again.  It has been so long.  I think the last time I posted about it was here,
Months have gone by with this one waiting for my time.

 What do you see in the dye on the cloth?
I've auditioned scraps and begun to sew some down too.  I really like working on this cloth diaper, like the feel of it in my hands.  I like how the green fits right into this growing vine.

In April I gifted this guy with a quilt for his new baby girl.  Hard to believe how the time flies by!  Here I am holding him many moons ago!  Lots of hearts = Lots of Love!  It takes a village!






Then this month, a quilt for my niece's baby girl, due to arrive soon!  This one was made with the parents in mind, their love of camping and nature.  It was made with our recent Yosemite trip in mind.  This one was what I am calling a Quick Quilt, which is pretty much the opposite of slow cloth.  It was what fit into my time and so I let the fabrics do the talking.  The flannel on the back is from when my son was a baby and most of the scenic fabrics are from our Big Road Trip in 2010.  These fabrics are from many different states!  Their nursery theme is "woodland"...but NOT cutsie!  I think I got that done :)



May your days come together beautifully, creating a wonderful picture for your life!
Enjoy, Nancy




  Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2016

7 comments:

jude said...

oh so good to see you here again. with cloth!

Nancy said...

Thanks Jude :)

handstories said...

You got the quilt done- hooray! & you're right, it's perfect for their theme, full of memories, too.
I see a weathered beachside fence, wedged in the sand, waiting for the occasional sea bath, complete with seaweed (how's that for specific?)

Nancy said...

Hazel~ I did!!! Yay! And I love your vision, which I assume focuses on the Comfort Cloth with the audition fabrics inserted. What a delightful imagination you have!!

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

glad to see you again, I have one of those cards!
lovely to see an 'old' piece evolving and, to me at least, completely completed new ones

Nancy said...

Saskia~ Thank you and why yes, yes you do ;) Shhh...don't share the secret!

Peggy said...

Abundance is the word that comes to mind...beautiful, wonderful, glorious creations. I love them all and how they came together over time lived! xxxoooxo