Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Doing These

Here I sit, with my foot up.  It has been over a week.  
I'm patiently (well sort of) waiting for the pain to subside.
I've worked up a few of these.


__________________________________

SHhhhhhhhhh....

__________________________________

If you know what these will look like all done, because you've received one from me in the past, please don't comment on that.  I like it to arrive as an unknown to the recipient! 

Everyone keeps making comments like: "You mean you're not at work?"  "Aren't you just wearing one of those boots?"  "It's just a toe".

But for me this pain is making it very hard to be walking on it, even with the boot or the special flat shoe.  I don't want to make it worse.  I want it to heal and I want to get back to work ASAP.  I can't be there with a special shoe or boot.  I'll take my asthma and migraines any day over this sitting around waiting to heal.

So while doing so, I've also been making these.  I set a goal (a'la Peggy and her monthly, yearly stitching, journaling etc. goals ~ I was inspired) of sending of at least one of these a month during the year 2016.


So far, so good.  In January I sent off two.  I am almost done with February's and thankful for the extra day to get it together!

Lastly, speaking of that extra day, I was hoping to again Leap on the 29th as I did 4 years ago...but I don't think I'll be trying that with a broken toe!!  Ouch!  You can see me leaping in 2012 here.
It's interesting to note how different the weather was four years ago.
We've been really warm here this week.

I hope whatever you are doing, it is fulfilling and sustaining and providing you with what you need as we leap towards March!
~Nancy

PS Thanks for keeping my secret :)


  Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2016

15 comments:

deanna7trees said...

sounds like you're taking good advantage of this healing time. hopefully you'll be up and about real soon.sending hugs.

Nancy said...

Thanks for those hugs Deanna. I've gotten a little done and lots of article reading and sleeping!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

are they tickets to Heaven?

Nancy said...

Aw, Grace what a sweet idea!

deemallon said...

oh dear.... sorry about the toe! I know from a neighbor how incapacitating foot pain can be... have fun with those tags :)

Nancy said...

Dee~ Yes, surprising...tiny little toe = big pain! But it is getting better. I have been having fun with them ;)

yvette said...

o toe from nancy..heal as quick or slow as is necessary
love

Nancy said...

Aw, thanks Yvette. It's much better than it was!

Peggy said...

Nancy, how did I miss this post? I lovelovelove your tags, like your idea for the year, too -- building connections, makes me think. Hope you are healing totally and completely and your toe is stronger than before. Down low with a cold/flu thing here, both of us. Cannot wait to be done, it's been 11 days already. xo

Nancy said...

Peggy~ I'm back to work tomorrow...I hope you both are feeling much better real soon. Connections are of the most importance, aren't they?

yvette said...

all well after working with hurt/ healed toe?

Ms. said...

Dear one--healed and back to the grind but your tags are swell. That cold/flu thing was vicious this year. I was down in intervals all Winter and my fell-down-an-escaltor shoulder joint is still wonky after nearly two years! Oh the body is such a trial...but the spirit, well--no contest...she soars.

Nancy said...

Yvette~ I actually go back to work on Monday, I don't know what I was thinking there...the doc extended it and my days and nights are so confused!

Michelle~ I am grateful for your soaring spirit Michelle! Yes, the old bones don't like to heal up quite as easy do they! Sorry for your wonky shoulder, but I am so glad you've finally gotten over the longest winter flu bug ever!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hello, Nancy!! I am new to your blog. I am making myself at home :) I send you best wishes for a smooth and timely healing.

Nancy said...

Optimistic Existentialist~ (I don't know your name yet!)
Thanks for stopping by the trail and leaving your kind wishes too.