Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Moving Forward

...I was going to do a full post, with lots of photos.  But, not tonight.
I will tell you that yesterday, we had another small fire close by and two large fires not close.
But...TODAY IT RAINED...A LOT!!!!

OK, so just this for now.  The cloth is woven and ready for the next step, invisible baste.  I wanted to have that done tonight, but I needed to look at it a bit more before locking into this lay out.

Excuse the poor lighting in this photo...I was in a hurry!  You can click on it to enlarge.


I pretty much like it as is.  I'll finish 'looking' tomorrow.
Goodnight, Nancy


 Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2015

6 comments:

Marti said...

Yes Nancy, it is a fine cloth with a sense of the whole of Charleston. By that I mean that the swirls of emotion from Charleston rise up in the swirls of the blue cloth, and especially in the red heart. Your weaving Nancy is so touching because in the depths of these grays and blues, there are beacons of light, the golden snippets of the book cloth to honor Cynthia Hurd. AND it is that light, shed on the tragedy of the day, given by the brave families that will teach us all, how to rise above, together in understanding...and you have captured that in this sensitive and beautifully made cloth.

Velma Bolyard said...

YAY RAIN YAY

Mo Crow said...

this glows like a stained glass window letting in the light

Nancy said...

Marti~ Thank you for your input. I like your vision of the 'rising up' in the finger-printy swirls. I awoke remembering the 'words' fabric...may add a snip or two.

Velma~ YES!! Exactly. So needed...but not too much of course, because drought or no drought...the fires leave behind the concern for mudslides!

Mo~ Thank you for this idea of a stained glass window. I hadn't thought of that!

deemallon said...

I love it! I especially like the movement created by the 'fingerpaint' fabrics, swirling this way and that way. I agree about the stained glass.. somehow the grey does great service to the colors. I see that button, too! Nice touch.

Liz Ackert said...

I too had a sense of windows, but it wasn't until I read Mo's comment that I saw the stained glass effect. The colors are just so vivid against the plainer fabrics and the pattern-that-isn't-a-pattern within the blue and red fingerpainting is a wonderful contrast to the book forms. My eyes just keep moving back and forth, taking it all in.