Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Spring Bird

It is Springtime in the trees at work!
A co-worker showed me where this nest was.
So I had to catch a photograph or two.

The mama is not too thrilled with the amount of activity that surrounds her on a daily basis.
She must thrill in the quiet of the weekends!





Look at this beautiful still life.
Life in the waiting.
It looks so big, but it is not.

Enjoy this mama, resting quietly.
Really pretty amazing to see, for a humming bird.


Can you see her in there?







Have a calm, peaceful rest of your weekend,
Nancy



Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2015

10 comments:

deanna7trees said...

love that last image. i love how the nest becomes part of the branch. there was a squirrel perched on a branch outside my kitchen window this morning....i think he was pretending to be a bird.

Ms. said...

Oh what joys...it may be work for you but how wonderful to have access to these sights.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ Yes, I noticed the firm connection to the branch too. Maybe it was a flying squirrel!

Michelle~ Yes, these sights carry me.

Liz Ackert said...

I love how she wove someone else's feathers into her nest

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

such joy! thank you very much for these photo's Nancy

Nancy said...

Liz~ Me too :)

Saskia~ You are most welcome

Peggy said...

Wow, what a treat! It's a big deal for us to have one hummingbird around and you actually saw a mama in her nest. Precious. Don't know how you got such great photos, but good job! Thank you. I think I might have to bookmark your post for the future! I'm a little excited, the opposite of your intention, I know. xoxo

deemallon said...

such beautiful captures!

Velma Bolyard said...

i've not yet had the honor of spying a hummingbird nesting, how happy this must make you!

Nancy said...

Peggy~ I agree...it IS exciting. Or it was until she suddenly was gone this week :(

Dee~ Ya, I lucked out. Thanks.

Velma~ This is a first for me too. Such a treasure.