Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy Anniversary "Pomegranate Trail"

Tomorrow is my four year mark.  Pomegranate Trail began with an idea that simmered for a while and has been slowly been rolling along for the past four years.
It began with dreams and inspiration and has morphed into that plus reflection, nature and lots of recent hiking!
Being a lover of tradition, I would love to celebrate with a give-away again.  But here's the thing: I'm busy and I sew ridiculously slow.  My interests shift over days.  This does not seem like a great offer for a give-away.

So, like my birthday tradition post, I think I'll give it a rest.
Of course, if you're dying to still play...just let me know.

Last year the winner was Els over at Fiberrainbow.  her work is always thoughtful, unique and oh-so beautiful!  Go take a peek.  I'll save part of her gift, done for almost one year now, as a surprise.  But, the other part I am in the thick of right now.  I'm really enjoying this texture piece.


Three layers
Wool - velour(?) - Silk(?)
So far, anyway.


The silk is a piece of packaged quilt binding from the late 1980's.
I used to add this to cloth diapers as welcome gifts for newborns.

This piece has been dyed in something and rust.
It ended up in permanent creases.
I honored one with red stitch.


Others hide little surprises!
Threadbeads.


Some wonky 9-patches in Magic Thread from Jude.


Center stitches began marking time, in a spiral.
I thought that fitting, as it sure is taking me a long time to create this quite small cloth!
This time-marking morphed into a basic running stitch spiral.
You can add your own meaningful metaphor here!


I am not really sure what I think of the 'look' of it.
But, I really like the 'feel' of it.
A variety of textures...layered, thick, like sandwich from a great deli!
All of those center stitches feel so good between thumb and fingertips!
I have more even stitches to add before it will go into the mail.
So, Els may have to wait a bit longer!

To those of you who still take the time to stop by and have a look and/or leave a comment...
Thank you so much for your continued support, friendship, inspiration 
and sharing of yourself.
You are much appreciated,
Nancy

  Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2015

9 comments:

Ms. said...

happy four. Such a good number.
Square and upright. Many more markers to you Nancy and easier times too. :-)

Marti said...

May 1st, a time of May baskets, given as a surprise, a time of dancing around the May pole: Your blog postings have often been just like a surprise May basket Nancy, insightful, fun, giving. And like dancing around the May pole, sometimes, those banners of cloth just flow beautifully, other times, they can twist and turn, weaving haphazardly, much like the unexpected twists and turns of life and those you have shared as well, connecting with each of us who come here. So on this day of the first of May, here's to you Nancy, a gentle and Happy blog anniversary.

Els said...

Ahhhh Nancy, happy blogaversary !!!
Stay on it for many more years : it's a;ways good to hear from friend (no matter how far they are !)

Love those stitches on the shiny silk, must have indeed a lovely feel ;-)

Liz Ackert said...

I love milestones ... a glance over the shoulder that lightens the step and makes the road ahead all the more fun

cyn said...

milestones ..and a touchstone..really after reading your description i want to touch it...so worth waiting for..gentle day..cynthia

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Markers are good no matter the times, from a good square ;)

Marti~ Thank you. Ah, yes, May Day...haven't thought about that for years! Love the idea of leaving surprises for others.

Els~ Being far is one of the aspects I really treasure. I've learned so much from so many, bot far and near!

Liz~ Yes, a glance back for a moment and then a-going we will go once again!

Cynthia~ 'Touchstone' - always have loved that idea/word. Nice to know you believe it would be worth waiting for (I'm my own hard critic)

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

a belated congratulatory greeting from me, I do apologize...........I did attempt to comment last week in Greece on my phone and got lost in 'identity queries' so ended up not posting at all!
enough 'bout me, it's you and your posting I want to celebrate Nancy!!!! for I love coming here and reading all you wish to share, there are fun posts, moving, emotional ones at times, matter-of-fact sharing, insightful tales and so much more; please may you continue to post and share your part of the world with us, thank you...... Saskiaxx

Nancy said...

Saskia~ I'm so grateful for your friendship and visits here. (((hugs)))

Nancy said...

Saskia~ I'm so grateful for your friendship and visits here. (((hugs)))