Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

To Dye For

I never liked that saying...
Oh such and such is 'to die for'

However, as a pun...it works!
So here is to DYE for.

Cloth diaper with the two parts of a canning jar lid tucked inside.
Held in place with thin copper wire.
Tossed into the dye pot with rain water, onion skins, a rusty horseshoe...etc.

Maybe other stuff, I don't remember now.
In fact I forgot all about it until I got a message from Jude today.

When I went to look, there was not even any water left.
It has been pretty hot around here!

*Click on images to enlarge
Dye Pot

One Side

Another Side
Interesting results.


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2015

7 comments:

handstories said...

An all knowing eye & a coppery moon!

deanna7trees said...

looks like it was good that you forgot about it....very interesting results.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ You say 'moon' J. said 'sun'!!

Deanna~ Yes, I think so too.

Peggy said...

Happy Birthday Lady!
Great results, I'd say! My vote is sunflower on top.
Interesting coincidence, rusty stuff in my last post too...can't wait to get it in the dye-pot. xoxo

jude said...

wohoo!

deemallon said...

cool!

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Ooh, a sunflower! Got rust? haha

Jude~ Weeee

Dee~ way cool ;)