Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Topanga Hike, For Real

Okey Dokey...let's see if I can get a post done.  This one, again saved as a draft days and days ago.  Oh bother.

So a few weeks ago my sister and I took a walk near her home.  I was excited as I have never hiked her mountain range.  The hike is called "Summit to Summit".  We did half of the walk, as the trail was a bit confusing.  We later figured it out at home on the computer!  Haha go figure.  If you are ever in SoCal, there is a great website called Nobody Hikes in LA that has tons of information.  It was a beautiful, cloudy day.  It's a good thing we didn't make the whole hike, as on the way back the mist turned into a heavy drizzle!  We got soaked!!  Anyway, here we go.....
* As usual, click on photos to enlarge.

Way off in the distance, the ocean
AKA "The Valley"
A curious find
Views in every direction
Add caption
Rust

Striped rock

Trail through a open space

Side trail
More locks


It was a great day for a hike, even though we got rained on!  I was happy to see another set of locks that don't keep too much out!  It's getting so a hike would not feel complete without them!

I hope you've also had some good days in the past weeks.  Thanks for visiting.
~Nancy

ALSO:
Recently I was liking this post.  I think it was Michelle in NYC who turned me on to this blog.  I've found good stuff there.  I also thought this was a pretty cool idea, made me want to make a blue goo shelf.



Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2015

6 comments:

blandina said...

Hi Nancy, so you live near Topanga Canyon? I know the area well since my son lives in Woodland Hills. Next time I visit we could have coffee together!

Ms. said...

Nice hike kiddo....and the individual things you picked out were so graphic. Lovely

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

yet again, another great hike! thanks for sharing

Nancy said...

Hey Blandina~ Nice to see you here again! Small world, eh?!! I actually live about 40 minutes away. Email me when you come to town, maybe we can work it out!

Michelle~ Thanks. I've really been enjoying these hikes.

Saskia~ I was thinking about all these 'hiking' posts and how they look to a reader. Do they look different, are they boring to someone else...and so on. But I love sharing them, so I do! Even the same place looks different over time and season. I love seeing all of your walks Saskia.

Els said...

Ha, Nancy, love the combination of pictures of nature and your "finds" ;-)

Nancy said...

Els~ There is always a treasure, if you're looking, yes?!