Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Keeping Open


Silhouetted Opened Spaces


Today, this is what 'open' looks like.
What it feels like.
Today spaces represent open.

If there is no open, there is no space for that seed.
No seed, no growth.

So, open.

Light Filling Open Spaces

I've received news.
And partly because I've been considering open,
I am in a good place to receive this news.

“And the day came when the risk to remain
tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
-Anaïs Nin


As I go about considering this, I remind myself to remain open, to look for the spaces.
I remind myself to rest there, in the spaces, and breathe.

Spaces and Beyond
Open Spaces.
Keeping open.
 Leaving space.
Being open.
“The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size.”
~Albert Einstein



I have a sense of change about me.
A sense of growth taking place,
even when I'm not even fully aware.
And when I am totally present and focused too.

I have a sense.

Really Open
 Because open also comes from the seed itself.
It can be juicy and wonderful.
It can be a deep kind of open.
It can be sweet.
It can be fruitful.


Open Can Be Deep

As a friend said to me today,
"Life is good".

~Nancy


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2015

4 comments:

Marti said...

Open can also let in that which tests us, which can bring us to our knees, which can make us want to close up. However, once opened, even if we only leave a slit, that slit lets in the light, lets in air and so we take a deep breath and in so doing, the expansiveness of our life, continues...I like to think of open as having a hinge that lets us accomodate what presents itself.

Nancy said...

Thank you for this very much Marti. I will carry this with me as I dash out for work.

Peggy said...

Nancy, whatever your news, you seem to be in a very good place. xoxo

Nancy said...

Peggy~ It's working right now. xo