Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Crows and Trees


Heading out to work several days back, a thick fog quiets the sky.
Crows gather in the trees.
Many, many crows.


Camera and binoculars come out to assist us in our counting.
There are so many today.


We wonder at their stillness in the moist morning air.



Like ornaments on a holiday tree,
but much more pleasing to me.

Today, I see this beautiful story on FB.
It almost make me weep in the connectedness of it.
You can read about a young girl and her gifts from the crows here.
It reminds me of the children's book "More" that I wrote about long ago.

Have a wonder-filled Friday of noticing and connecting.
~Nancy 


Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2015

3 comments:

Liz Ackert said...

Thank you for sharing the story of the crows ...
And I share your appreciation for the book More ... could you provide a link to your post?

beth from still life pond said...

Thank you so much for this and the link left at Grace's. I love this story of the crow feeding girl.

Nancy said...

Liz~ You're welcome. Here is a link to one of my past posts about the book. The link is in there. http://pomegranatetrail.blogspot.com/2012/08/more.html

Beth~I did too! One of those stories you think about over and over.