Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

7 ~ July Trip

Hi everyone!  Let's see...we left off admiring the many stones of Moonstone Beach.  I already gave one of them to my soon to be moving friend.  I put it into the medicine bag I wove for her.  Some of you may remember it...
One side
Other side
I gave her the one with a stripe around it (pictured in my previous trip post, #6), a Wishing Rock for those of you who remember my post about the book If You Find a Rock.  Anyway, the gift was well received and given with love.  I'll miss have her right over the hill from my house.

OK, so back to the July trip! After from Moonstone Beach,the guy and I walked a bit in town and checked out cool stores and more!


A lovely garden, behind a store.   Peaceful scenes like these left me wanting to live up there forever!


I've become so fond of words in a garden.  This garden was so beautiful and quiet.


There were little Fairy Gardens, with tiny things and succulents.  There were tons of succulents!  I'm a fool for anything miniature!


There was art on the fence and color standing out in the gray sky.  There were a wide variety of sculptures.  Of course, I photographed the turtle!  Metal art and glorious rocks rounded out the garden.




Everything was growing so well!  It was a pleasure to be there.

These were huge!
We also went into the music store, of course.  We shopped there the last time we were in Morro Bay.  This time there were quite a few unique guitars and a funny sculpture to look at.










We love this store because they are so down to earth and friendly, nothing like the big box store near home.



OK folks, that's it for this post.
I have only one more to do and I think I'll get that done this weekend too, so I can close out July in September!!!  lol
Stay tuned...



All photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2014

6 comments:

Marti said...

What peaceful and magical photos; art and gentle spirit flowing and for me, it is all about the wise old turtle. It takes a special and whimsical eye to capture all of this; Nancy thank you for having such an eye...

Saskia van Herwaarden said...

everything here is lovable, that miniature garden is so cute and what a lovely present for your friend!

deanna7trees said...

always love seeing how creative people are in making instruments from found objects. enjoyed all your images.

Nancy said...

Marti~ Oh, Marti thank you for your kind words of praise. I liked the gentle spirit up there...I fell asleep wishing I was there :)

Saskia~ There were several fairy gardens...and materials to make your own! So cool. Maybe you'd like to make one for all your 'pals' to visit!

Deanna~ I know Deanna...they made guitars out of anything!! So neat and made me think of Joe and his cigar-box-guitar making!

Ms. said...

Zowie--what delights--everything, but the turtle stole my heart away. I have one of those charming pouches and teasure it too.

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Aren't they though? Yes, I was honored to send you a little medicine bag and am glad to hear you enjoy it :)