Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Quick Spring Post ~ Catching Up

Spring has been in the air around here.
I love it!
Here are a few April images.

These first photos are from my day trip up the coast.
This is the friend and the walk I've posted about before.
The Monarch Butterfly space.
We saw only a few stragglers.
But, we saw plenty of other beautiful sights.

And as always, the visit with this friend is priceless!



Same flower...different light.


The sun peeks out behind the giant Eucalyptus trees.
Earlier in the season, this is where one may see many butterflies.
Today, we hear a hawk and see him land in the nest high above us.

Hawk Nest





Spring variety!
Love my trips up the coast.

Another day, I make a quick trip up the canyon near my sister's home.
I always love seeing this pig and say in my head "When pigs fly..."!



 These two show the view over The Valley (on a clear day).
This is The Valley I grew up in.
Now I live in another valley on the other side of the far mountains.



I love how pretty it looks when it's clear.
But, it is way to crowded for me.
It has been since I was about 14 years old.



However, this place holds many memories and pieces, places of my childhood.
So, I treasure that part.

And I do love the canyon near my sister's home.

Thanks for coming along as I spread some Spring Sunshine!
I'll have today's trip posted soon.

Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2014

4 comments:

deanna7trees said...

lovely images. Spring is such a lovely season to investigate what is around us.

Ms. said...

Ha--and--When are we NOT 'catching up"? Swell images.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ It sure is...and so close by too :)

Nancy said...

Michelle~ I feel like I'm always trying to catch up lately, except when I just let it all go altogether!!