Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

For Peggy - Daytime Moons

While over at Peggy's a few minutes ago...I read about her idea of 'cloud cloth' and this gem popped into my head.

I recieved this gorgeous silk 'scarf' in the Hanukkah gift exchange on Thanksgiving.

Isn't it beautiful?
Doesn't it look rather cloud like?

It was dyed and the hem stitched by my aunt's friend.  
I've been contemplating what to do with/to it?

I know I'll never wear it as a scarf.  Not my style.
I thought of altering it somehow...but can't think of how!

I feel like doing it any justice is way out of my league skill and idea wise.
What I'd like to do is send it off to Dear Peggy to let her work her magic!



Look at all of those daytime moons!!





Gorgeous!




Wispy :)




I have NO IDEA how this became 'animated'!!!
But isn't it super cool?



Flying high!
 


Shine on!




Splendid

I'd love to share just a sprinkling of the goodness that my friend Peggy sent to me recently.
I do not have the time to do this gift from her justice either.
But, it is deeply appreciated and treasured.





Thank you Peggy...Thank You!

Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2013

6 comments:

Peggy said...

There she is!
The cloud scarf is fabulous -- blue sky, clouds, moons -- doesn't get any better than that!
Xo

Peggy said...

I have to add leaf fronds and snow -- even better!

Nancy said...

Peggy~ I'd love to send this to you :)
And yes, isn't that 'snow' amazing!

handstories said...

Just great...I wish it would snow here!

deanna7trees said...

oh such beautiful gifts you have received. some things are just meant to be enjoyed visually.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ It snowed here a few years back...Jan 2010 or 2011. It was more like a dusting, but fun!

Deanna~ Yes, you are right and I have thought of it (the scarf) as decor...on the wall, in a window...something. But I would still like to gift it myself. However, I love the photos of it :)