Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Daylight Stars

All last week, while commuting along this stretch of road...
I thought sometimes stars look like shiny bits of road finds.
Gifts really in the eyes of this unknown artist.

Really this whole 'star' thing can look like a metaphor for so many things.

When I see these old hubcaps, rescued from the roadsides and carefully, artfully fastened to the chain-link fence, I think about how they've fallen and risen and currently reside on a dry road along side a very busy highway...
and yet they still shine.

Like us.





Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2013

7 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Nancy. I just love the recycled hubcaps--what a delightful idea. I have a couple laying around and have been reluctant to toss them. Yes, hubcaps as stars. Maybe I can find a place for them. Have a wonderful holiday season and may the new year bring lots of stitching adventures!
best, nadia

Ms. said...

"like us" - What a sweet thought. Shine on!

saskia said...

ah this is lovely;-)

Sweetpea said...

That is a fine metaphor!

Nancy said...

Nadia~ A wonderful season to you too!

Michelle~ You too, my friend...keep shining!

Saskia~ Thank you.

Sweetpea~ Thanks, sometime things just fall out of my head :)

Peggy said...

I love the hubcaps mounted like that, have never seen it before.

Like us, yes! That is so good.

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Ya...like us :) Over the months the hubcap collection has grown so much.