Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Indie Kindred

No hike this weekend.  
Sunday was busy catching up with regular chores and such, because...
On Saturday my sister and I went to a screening of Indie Kindred.  You can watch the trailer and learn more here.  It's a film about collaboration and art and finding your people.  Jen Lee and two of the artists were there and did a Q&A after the viewing.  I've followed Jen for years.  I posted about her back here in a story about stories!!

It was held at City Garage in the Bergamot Station,which was a great intimate venue...perfect for this film.  I came away with feelings of inspiration, longing and gratitude.

I am so thankful for my online community of fellow clothmates.  I'm so thankful to have found you all through Jude.  My days are richer because of all of you.  I feel inspired to continue on my creative path, hopefully incorporating even more time to make art and share conversations.  Alongside my gratitude for what I DO have, lives my deep longing to have in person interactions like those I have in the Spirtcloth world.





Before we left, we stopped in an amazing paper shop called Hiromi Paper, Inc.  I thought of Velma of Wake Robin and could see the allure of paper/book making.  I thought of the exquisite Laura Ashley sample book seen on FB. 
I stopped myself before I bought out the shop!!!
On the car ride back to my sister's we had a good conversation about the film experience and friendships and finding our tribes.




We also shared ideas about how all of this thought on collaboration led us both back to how we work with children.
I have always incorporated activities (sensory, manipulative, art...) that encourage the children to share space and materials.
It's interesting to consider how many ways we all collaborate.
I, of course, thought of Jude's Magic Feather Project.
A collaboration between many.



May we all continue to create, collaborate and inspire one another in the
days, weeks...years to come.


Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2013

11 comments:

Ms. said...

It's sure a bonus to leave a film feeling inspired...and how timely the talk of collaboration and cooperation, of gratitude, of finding your tribe...precisely what we crave, the tribe (safe)--belonging (expansive). I'm a cross-tribal, inter-tribal, or extra-tribal citizen I think, a 'Universalist perhaps--so many tribe-so little time :->

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Yes, the connection humans crave. And how lucky you are to have an abundance of tribes :)

jenclair said...

Thanks for the links! Collaborations are always interesting and inspiring.

handstories said...

Thank you for your thoughts, and for the links & sharing about this movie (I hope I can see it!) This community really has been an amazing life changing thing.x

AKW said...

I love that we have special experiences and interests that we share. It sure was a great Amy/Nancy day!

Nancy said...

Jenclair~ Yes, but they can also be tricky!

Cindy~ Life changing...yes! xxx

Nancy said...

Amy~ Yes, it sure was! I just mentioned to someone how mom used to do that..."Nancy/Mommy day"!!

Peggy said...

This is a beautiful post, Nancy, written from the heart, I can tell. The movie looks like a gem. And yes, may we continue! xoxo

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Thanks. There is something to be said for continuing.

Mo Crow said...

Love that amazing patchwork sky!

Nancy said...

Mo~ Yes, isn't it beautiful?!