Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Two Quotes, A Book and More

 
Emma Wood State Park
I've been reading my mother's copy of:  
"An Alphabetical Life: Living It Up in the World of Books" by Wendy Werris.
I'm barely into it and am feeling such a connection to her.  Her life-long love of books, writers, bookstores, authors and the city of Los Angeles.  It begins in the 1970's.  I remember her then.  I was a teenager...and I remember her in that era.
It makes me think of this quote, discovered in the library of the local community college where I once worked, 
"How many man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book" ~Henry David Thoreau, A Week on the Concord River, 1849
It's cooler tonight,  A slight breeze is blowing through the open windows.
Still not feeling well, I think I will go tuck in to read and rest and sleep... with this book in my hands and my mom in my heart.
Our hands



Earlier tonight this quote came new to me, from an old friend.
As Ram Dass says,

“What it boils down to is this, we’re all just walking each other home.” 


This is something to remember.
Gate at the end of the road
  Take care of one another on the trail...
 
Photos by Nancy A. Erisman -posted - ©2013
 

6 comments:

Lynda Merry said...

A beautiful post Nancy. You could have been writing about my own mom. Our moms must have been from the same era. And I love the hands - yours and hers - together.

Nancy said...

Thanks Lynda. I always think of you as a kindred soul when it comes to this mom stuff :)
Take care.

Els said...

Love the hands Nancy ... hands tell the story of life.
(wish you well)

Nancy said...

Els~ Thank you, I love the hands as well :)

Cathie said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Hands. Loving, hands.

Nancy said...

Cathie~ Thank you so much.