Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Super Duper

Tonight is the Super Moon.
The super-est super moon!!
I really wanted to capture the way it was as we drove home from the grocery store.
But timing is everything in photography.
Well that and having a camera that is good enough to get the job done.

Tonight was not one of those nights.
But, I'm sharing the photos anyway (smile).

Shining down on a main street through town.

Up the canyon near home.





When I heard the term "super moon" as I drove home, 
it made me think of one of the What If? cloths laying in the studio.

I thought: What if a Super Moon wore a cape?
Wonder what it's super powers would be?



So, I cut out a flaming red cape for this starry moon!
The white lines are flaws...that I liked and put in the moon on purpose.

Don't know if I'll actually sew this, but I had to at least share the laugh here!
I can hear it shouting "Up, up & away!"

Last week on a sleepless night, I patched the little white crib sheet from work, 
leaving it with a little lovin' along with the hole.

heart patch

Back side...see the hole?



So, Happy one-day-later Solstice!
Happy Super Duper Moon Night!
Happy Weekend to All!


  Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2013

13 comments:

saskia said...

I think the pictures are beautiful and capture the Fullness of the moon perfectly; I don't know about super mum capes and what powers they would hold, I do know we were rescued friday by the water co. guy, and he wasn't even wearing a cape, slippers and shorts to be precise;-)
a super sunday back at you Nancy!!

deanna7trees said...

yes...timing...was out at 6:30 this morning but no visible moon...too overcast. glad you got to see it.

Nancy said...

Saskia~ Yay for the water guy, cape or no cape!! I wanted to capture how huge and close the moon looked :)

Deanna~ That's is part of why I posted anyway, in case anyone out there didn't have clear skies.

Marti said...

Your moon photos are terrific, especially the second one. It has an aura around it, looking like it does perched on a building or a mountain, gives it a sort of come hither look and that come hither look well, draws you to it. As you get near, the moon furls its cape out and sings, "it's a marvelous night for a moon dance" and sweeps you up for a celestial waltz. Not a bad power for a moon with a super cape !

Deb G said...

Doubt I'm going to see that moon...so cloudy now.

Nancy said...

Marti~ Thank you for your words. I too like the way the tree was holding the moon!

Deb~ We have had some scattered thin high clouds today.

Peggy said...

That is the sweetest patch ever and on a crib sheet yet! xo

handstories said...

It poured rain all night, no moon for us. I think I like the backside of your patch best. & love the dark starry moon.

deemallon said...

agree that the heart patch is so, so sweet! we have been admiring the moon in my neck of the woods, too.

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Awww, thanks :)

Cindy~ Oh, well than I'm glad I posted my view! I like seeing the dark hole on the back.

Dee~Thank you. Co-workers were surprised to find it there on the shelf.

yvette said...

the faces of your co-workers....what a surprise..it must have givven them a smile or an exrta heartbeat

hug

Nancy said...

Yvette~ Yep, there were a few smiles :)

Nancy said...

Yvette~ Yes, we were smiling :)