Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

10 Minute Drill #24 ~ Apricots

A quick post of my abundant apricot tree!
I can't believe how many there are this year.
They've already started to change color.


This post was inspired by Deb over at Bee Creative.
Her garden is always a treat to visit.
My guy is busy keeping the birds and squirrels at bay a bit.
Although, there are many to share this year!

In the past the critters have had a feast and we've had nothing.


I can't wait to eat some...they are the best apricots ever!
Ahhh...beautiful spring!
 I am so grateful.


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2013



7 comments:

saskia said...

apricots from your own garden, what a treat that must be; you have so much sun over there, and we so much rain here, pity we can't share a bit more.....

deanna7trees said...

oh how wonderful. sorry i never planted an apricot tree but not even sure if they grow well here. apricots always bring memories of my grandma who made delicious candy with apricots.

Nancy said...

Saskia~ Yes...and we could use more rain. We're very dry this year.

Deanna~ These are so yummy...much better than store-bought...or any others I've had!

Peggy said...

That is so cool, Nancy! Apricots are hit or miss around here so I don't have an apricot tree. Last year I wrapped a few plums with little paper bags to survive the squirrels, I wanted to at least taste them. ;) xo

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Haha...yeah, at least taste them! We've had years like that too :)

Deb G said...

Look at that! Someday I may have that too!

Nancy said...

Deb~ It's amazing how this little tree marches on, producing great fruit year after year. It has been pruned (read as butchered) so badly over the years, that it always surprises and delights me! The ones who prune and mow around here are quite extreme!