Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Second Anniversary

Well...
Here I am again, celebrating an anniversary! 
I can hardly believe it's been two years since the birth of pomegranate trail.

There have been lots of twists and turns.

desert bark

It's interesting, when I look back over some of the old posts, to see where I've been.
There have been cycles of posts shifting in their frequency or subject matter.
Trends...or moods that have come and gone.

desert highs and lows

All of the layers have added up to a wonderful experience.
I've enjoyed the...
sharing
videos
links
words
photography
stories
cloth
conversations
But most of all...meeting new friends!
desert layers
I again would like to say THANK YOU to all of my readers (read that as friends) who have shared this journey with me.  I am so blessed to have stumbled my way into this amazing community of talented, thoughtful women (and Joe too of course!)

As I did for last year's anniversary, I will again be doing a giveaway here on the trail.
Something cloth of course.
But, something more too (of course!)
Maybe even a fulfilled request of the recipient!

I'm entertaining the idea of desert colors this time as a reflection of my recent trip.
Or maybe even the Desert Sunset cloth!

I've yet to begin work on it as I really enjoy making with someone special in mind.
If you'd like to be considered in the give away, please let me know in the comments.

Last year when I drew names...
Michelle of Ms. Unsertainty Principles was the lucky gal.
This is what I sent her!

Here are more photos to dream with!
Warmly, Nancy







UPDATE:
I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I WILL BE DRAWING THE NAME ON SUNDAY MAY 6TH.
THIS WILL GIVE FOLKS A CHANCE TO COMMENT IF THEY WANT TO.
UNTIL THEN...



Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2013

16 comments:

Nancy said...

The anniversary is actually on May 1st...tomorrow morning...but I'm going to bed now (hence the early posting)!!

Marti said...

Happy Anniversary Nancy. Looking forward to more years of wandering the pomegranate trail with you. Soon I will be living in a new landscape and I am so looking forward to learning about the treasures of the desert. Friends and family have told me to prepare myself for the moving away from green to the browns of the land. I smile at their concerns but each piece of land,each grain of sand, the desert plants and creatures, the winds, the smells of sagebrush, these are all part of living a life of quiet adventure. A cloth of the desert, made by you, would be a nice welcome gift as I find my new foraging paths. Thanks for the opportunity.











Nancy said...

Yes Marti...I've been reading of your upcoming move over at Grace's! It sounds like an exciting time, for sure. Sage is one of my Favorite Smells, I bet you'll love it too :)
I've got your name on the list!

jenclair said...

Happy Anniversary! I know I haven't been keeping up properly, but I'm glad I checked today!

yvette said...

deserts have there secrets...
you have to work to discover....
that's what I've been seeing you do, since I follow you.
I would love to have a little piece you made...

Els said...

Happy Blogaversary, Nancy !
(glad you persevere .... ;-D !)

Nancy said...

Jenclair~ Glad you stopped by...it's nice to see one of my 'old timers'! I'll add you to the list :)

Yvette~ I have learned to love the desert over the years. I'll add your name to the others :)

Els~ Yes I'm sticking with it (blogging)! I'll add your name.

jude said...

time flies.

deanna7trees said...

a happy 2 years. always enjoy your posts. some great images today. i love going on virtual trips. no bags to pack. and i loved your 'ouchie' story on the What If Forum. kiddos always know how to say it just right.

Nancy said...

Jude~ It sure does! Adding your name.

Deanna~ Yes, I've seen so much of the world this way :)
Adding you to the list too.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Nancy. Happy blog anniversary. My second one's coming up, too. You expressed it so well, the journey, the friends, the adventure! I'm happy our paths have crossed in blogland.
best, nadia

saskia said...

hi Nancy, congratulations and celebrations....yes to new friends indeed;-)
I'm back (alas, the holiday was amazing) hope I'm not too late to take part in the draw?!?

Nancy said...

Nadia~ So glad to share this time and space with you! Added your name :)

Saskia~ Welcome home :) Cheers to new friends! And you are not too late, I've added your name.

ANONYMOUS~ I AM WARY OF POSTING A COMMENT FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. IF I KNOW YOUR FROM JUDE'S - I'D LOVE TO INCLUDE YOU IN THE DRAWING. PLEASE CONTACT ME. FOR NOW I'LL PUT YOU IN THE DRAWING AS "?" THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Peggy said...

Happy 2-Year Anniversary, dear Nancy! I'm catching up on my visiting today and see that I missed the drawing!! But I send you my love and appreciation for all your writings and photos and good vibes, in general! :) SO glad to know you... xoxoxo

handstories said...

well "a day late & a dollar short" as dad would say! happy anniversary! great images- some of them look like textured layers of cloth.

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Thank you so much...super glad to know you too! And no worries, your box is started, not mailed...STILL!!! Oh my :)

Cindy~ I use that saying too! Or "Close, but no cigar"...whatever that originally meant! I saw cloth and stitches everywhere :)