Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

10 Minute Drill #22 ~ White Weaving

While exploring the desert and surrounding San Diego county...I treated myself to a beautiful weaving by Beryl E.M. Warnes. I debated...left and then walked back in to purchase!  That's how art should be...something that moves you.  Something that for sure you will think about later, and for a long time.  I didn't want that regret.  So, now I'm enjoying this one at my home.

I couldn't help but think of Jude, who loves the woven and speaks in White and Deanna, who manipulates cheesecloth, works in white and embraces lace...and Saskia & Grace who hang cloth in windows to see the light shine through.  And all of the other fellow What Iffers? who have been exploring White along with me!
If you'd like to check out more about Ms. Warnes...you can do so here:
http://weaverslink.com/fiber-artists/beryl-warnes/

She is busy preparing for the local "Fiber Dance" and making saddle blankets and woven clothing!
Here is a link for anyone interested: fiber dance festival
This is the weaving in her shop...really caught my eye!

close up...holes

In the breeze on the apricot tree

No shadows this time

A river runs through it
A light touch of bling adds so much!


On the Mama Rose Bush

 I, of course, realize that I've just shown you several photos of the One Same Weaving...

but each photo holds the light, shadows and fibers in such an interesting way, 
that I couldn't resist!
Thanks for humoring me!
I plan to hang this in a window so I can always see the light dance through it.
Beryl did tell me that she made it as a window piece and I think she got it just right!




Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2013


 

6 comments:

deanna7trees said...

oh it's beautiful. i can almost feel the texture in some of your images. is this the one that was on facebook the other day? it looks very similar.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ Yes, the subtle texture is so appealing. The top photo, taken in her shop was the one on FB. I couldn't take the others until today.

handstories said...

I think your holey rag in the last post holds the same kind of light potential as this beautiful piece. both are fabulous finds.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ es, I seem to be on the path of Light right now!

jenclair said...

Oooh and ahhhs! Beautiful, and I want one!

Nancy said...

Jenclair~ Yes! That's how I felt :)