Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Little Something


I see this old faded sign on my new commute.  For some reason, it always catches my eye.
If it were for Ginger Ale, I could understand as I've been living on that bubbly beverage!
Sick again.
Sick of being sick.
So no funny crackers this time around.

I've also been working on the Gathering Blanket.  Slowly but surely, names are being added in a colorful display of community.  We got to use it, as is - in process- at our Lunar New Year celebration last week.  The parents in attendance were excited to see it coming together.  As a members name gets written on the muslin cloth, I ask them to select a color for me to stitch it with.  The adults tell em their choice, while the children are given three or four colors to choose from.  As I hold out the a small group of thread colors, the children physically pick which one they would like.  It has been most interesting to see that everyone of these under two years old children have gone straight for one particular color, with no wavering!  They are very definite in their choices!  At this point in time, there will be 12 children and 10 staff members included.  These numbers will of course change as children and/or staff join the classroom.  I've completed just 7 names so far.  At the rate I sew...these children will be in college by the time I've got this first group done!!

I've also been working on a little gift.  I can't really show it yet...but I can show parts!

Delicious textures!
Trails
My signature on the back
That's all for this update.  Hope my post finds you all well...healthy and enjoying doing what you do!
As for me, I'll continue to stitch, share, watch old home movies & the humming birds in my fuzzy purple bathrobe on the couch!
Here's a Ginger Ale toast..."To us!"


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2013

11 comments:

deanna7trees said...

so sorry to hear your sick again. it's being around all those little kids. i guess after a while you'll build up an immunity. beautiful colors and textures in that sneak peek.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ Thanks, I'll be better soon. Just gotta get used to this crowd :)
Yes, these colors sing Spring to me!

Peggy said...

Sorry to read you're under the weather, Nancy. But sipping ginger ale in a comfy robe resting on the couch all sound like good medicine. Your stitching glimpse is beautiful, the greens are divine -- it's brown, brown, brown here but things will soon be moving toward this, we're almost there, I can't wait for Spring. Cheers and get well! xo

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Thanks. I sure wish I could shake this! But my robe helps! :) We've already got some green started here. Yesterday was 80 degrees, bright and beautiful. Today is gray and 50! We are supposed to be getting a "cold winter storm"...whatever That means in SoCal!

handstories said...

sick again, so sorry! Blue's on his 2ns bad head cold in 2 wks. Think of all that immunity you're building up-hopefully. love the textures & colors of your mystery piece. & the Coke sign (one of my weaknesses that I allow myself for saturday lunch). Take care.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ Here's hoping Blue is feeling better soon! I should be one tough cookie real soon :)
I don't drink 'soda' anymore (since 12/2010)...that does not include the sick food Ginger Ale I'm hooked on recently!!! haha

blandina said...

The colors and the textures that you are showing look very attractive, and almost a hint of spring.
Get well soon, it has been a long winter and it is not over yet.

saskia said...

ohhh the gift looks promising, sorry to hear you're sick again! hope you feel better soon, spring is almost here.
love the Gathering Blanket story.

Nancy said...

Blandina~ Thank you...and yes...Spring! I would surely like to get better, Very soon!

Saskia~ Thank you for the well wishes. It's cold here today (for Here that is!) and I am so ready for Spring!! I got a lot of stitching done on the blanket while home resting :)

jenclair said...

Ah, Nancy, I've not been keeping up lately. Hope you are on the road to recovery now! I'm loving the stitching you are doing...and the colors; I have a thing for that shade of green.

Nancy said...

Jenclair~ Yes I like these spring colors too!