Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Small Stone #5

Small Stone #5:

Stepping on the cold porcelain, arm brushes against the even colder tile.  Head tips back letting the hot water pulse onto my head, down my back, warm and engulfing, holding me in a luxurious pause.  Eye catches the neighbors porch light, the spontaneous flicker of passing aircraft.  Winter smells floating through the open window, the darkness stops time still.  Showering in the dark knows peace.

Nancy
January 5, 2013



Today I found this treat on a fellow Small Stones writer...
moth magic

You can read Cindy's Small Stones or explore her work here.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

gorgeous moth images. are you writing your small stones in a book as well as here? might be nice to have these in a book with some drawn images (maybe), or photos, to look through sometime in the future.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ Aren't the moths amazing?!! I'm also recording them in my calendar/date book (6X8)...it's a squeeze but I wanted to have them all in one place, in my 'hand'. I'm not much of a drawer, although I can visualize great things in my head!

jenclair said...

In the summer, I watch for a large moth with almost neon orange eyes. Have no idea what kind, but these moths hold a deep fascination.

jenclair said...

Oooh...love the photos on the moth magic link!

Nancy said...

Jenclair~ In Nevada, where I used to live there were Many Very Large moths outside the laundromat. Made it pretty tricky getting myself and the clean clothes into my little car!

Peggy said...

Your stones bring me right there with you, Nancy. I shower in the dark, too, sometimes. I agree with Deanna, what a lovely booklet you could have with all your small stones together. xo

Nancy said...

Peggy~ Thanks. Isn't showering in the dark just the best?!