Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Highway 126 - Sunday Drive

A couple of weeks ago....
A nice little Sunday drive down a favorite highway.  The 126 winds it's way through the Santa Clara River Valley, AKA Heritage Valley.  I've posted about this place before: The Sweet Life and Ojai Day & Ojai Night  (this is the highway we take to get to Ojai).  It is part of my old commute and every now and again I have to go visit that way again, like an old friend.
This day we stopped by the Honey store to restock with a large honey bear!  Then we took some side roads not traveled before.  Crossed over a beautiful bridge and stumbled on a pomegranate graveyard.
I saw "X's" and art everywhere.  Quilt and stitching ideas a'la Jude!
I saw the thin hanging- on of life and death.
Looking forward to another relaxing drive on another sunny Sunday soon!




Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2013

9 comments:

Ms. said...

I hope you took pomegranate seeds to plant. And I hope the distress leaves you free soon for another pleasant road trip.

Nancy said...

Michelle~ I didn't even think to take any!!! Ha. I hope for a nice drive again soon too :)

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mo Crow said...

love all the photos but especially the bees & good to see pictures to go with the words again Nancy, I do enjoy illustrated posts!

Nancy said...

Mo~ Awww...thanks! I've a memory card full of unposted photos. I must post more often!
The guy and I were smitten with the perfectly shaped honeycomb!

deanna7trees said...

sounds like it was a wonderful drive. my dad used to take us for Sunday drives when we were kids and i always loved it. hope you're feeling better.

Nancy said...

Deanna~ We used to go for Sunday drives too, which is probably why they hold such appeal for me :)
For a while my folks had a convertible, which I loved more in concept than in wind knotting my baby fine hair! Ha.
Yes, thank you, I'm feeling better today.

deemallon said...

Wow, you really DID see "X's" everywhere... I've been seeing wings everywhere.

Nancy said...

Dee~ It's amazing what we can see...when we're looking!