Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Seeing Wings

Tonight while eating dinner, I have been watching Winged Planet on the Discovery channel.  You can find it here.
I've watched courting dances and lessons in the water for little ones, imprinted on a man, not their mother.  And I've watched them fly...seen the sky, from a birds-eye view!  Wow!
I am so fascinated by the old theory...ya know if you buy a new VW Bug...then you see VW Bugs e v e r y w h e r e you look!!!  Along with all of the winged exploration Jude has been doing over at Spirit Cloth, I have been noticing 'wings' everywhere!  Today alone while I went to one store to pick something up, I saw butterflies on stationary/office products, pillows, on the rear window of a parked car, and even in an age marking on the asphalt!  Then I got home and turned on the TV to 'Winged Planet'!
I love when this happens!
What have you been noticing on your daily travels?

And 'Winged Planet'...Reminding me of the Magic Feather Project that Jude has been pulling together, with the donations of stitched feathers (&stones) from many in the world wide community!
So, as I begin my day with the screams of the hawk and close the day tonight as the crows called to one another on their way towards home, I basked in the cries and imagine feathers and wings.  Feeling grateful for the many ways we can soar.

Feathers, Pow Wow 2010

Flight over Sedona, AZ, 2009


Blogger is not cooperating with me adding any more old photos.
Rats!
Well, imagine great shots of the Monarchs that visit California and hang out for a while :)
Or imagine any winged creature of your own and tell us about it in the comments!


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2012

15 comments:

Ms. said...

I've been thinking WIND...and oh, than you for the link to 'Winged Planet' : )

Nancy said...

Michelle~ Yes, wind is good too :) We have had some light winds, which really helps the cooler day (low 80's) feel very nice!
PS Laughing at the Flamingo dances! Oh, those birds!!!

Pat said...

I came to say thank you for the comment on my owl post and found more Wings. I love it when you have something to have a heightened awareness about, makes you feel so alive.

Nancy said...

Well, welcome Pat! Yes that heightened awareness is grand!

jenclair said...

Thanks for the link to Winged Planet!
A great addition to all of Jude's Magic Feathers.

Peggy said...

Nancy, oh dear, there's something going on with blogger because your new posts haven't showed up on my blog list until today. I thought you were taking a long break! I love the wing theme post here ;), now I wish that I was taking Jude's class, too. I'll have to soar alone, I guess. Will catch up here and visit your link now... xoxo

deanna7trees said...

synchronicity abounds. we only have to be aware. it makes us realize how much, that is around us, we miss.

Nancy said...

Jenclair~ Yes, I really enjoyed that Winged Planet :)

Peggy~ I don't know about your Blogger question, I haven't noticed that one. But I have had it tell me a million times that a post I was writing could not be saved. And posting this one was a challenge.
That made me sad to read of you soaring alone...I've really missed you over at diaries. (((hugs)))

Deanna~ Yes it does abound and one of my favorite things too. I wish I could gel the spelling of synchronicity in my brain! And I agree...what DO we miss? How much...lots? There are so many tiny details and happenings, it Must be a lot. :)

Mo Crow said...

beautiful flying & swooping & flitting about & landing every now and then to have a look around post & love all the synchonicities, they make life more magical every day, the Flighty Nature of Chance!

deemallon said...

Hi Nancy... it's funny how that attention thing works, isn't it? With my filter of 'house/home' I have been looking, for instance, at the spider webs (with really big spiders) in our yard quite differently!

Nancy said...

Mo~ Yes, they do make life more magical :)

Dee~ Yes, there are many kinds of houses/homes!

handstories said...

i love the awareness that comes from being mindful of something, too. between jude & gathering ideas for kindergarten's bird study- there are wings & feathers everywhere i look.

Nancy said...

Cindy~ Oh your imagination must be taking flight!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Nancy. Interesting link, and yeah, I'm seeing wings everywhere, too. Happy stitching!
best, nadia

Nancy said...

Nadia~ Happy stitching to you too!