|Birds on a fence - sculpture at the nursery|
- Saw this sculpture on the fence while at a nursery earlier this month. It made me think of Grace and Mo Crow ... and all of the friends out there who love birds and feathers and the marvels of our natural world.
- They have been filming a Sears commercial across the street all day long. There is a small "Kraft Services" truck (food!) and shades to create proper lighting and a giant crane. Every now and then a deep voice comes a shouting words I can not discern. But a couple of times, I could tell they were calling for "quiet". OK, Shhhhh...
- When I got this post from Gretchen of The Happiness Project, I read and pondered her ideas as I always do. Then I zipped down to the end where she always posts interesting links. The link to 1000 Awesome Things proved to be just as fascinating as past links. I had seen this a long while back, and had forgotten about it. So, maybe that would be my 1000th thing (if Neil has not already done it!). Having some little bit of goodness come your way. Something you've seen before, but forgotten about, but feel refreshed by it all over again! Do watch his TedX talk here. It will make you feel all warm and fuzzy - happy inside! UPDATE: Michelle shared this link for more information on this project.
- For the Teacher in me and for those of you...or for any of us with the Love of Language...something is coming! Yep, it's the annual Poem in You Pocket Day: Thursday April 26, 2012. You can learn all about it here. Isn't that a lovely idea, to carry a poem in your pocket...to share poems for others to place in their pockets? What poem would you carry with you?
- I also had this in my inbox...an update from Kay Angel an orphanage in Jacmel, Haiti. I have a soft spot for these folks; first because a friend of my sister's is a founder of We Can Build an Orphanage. That's usually good enough for me..."you're her friend, oh OK, you're my friend too!" But once I started reading Lia's blog posts, once I read about (and met) each child, once I worried about them after the earthquake...well, then i really felt a connection. Hop on over there and see if you don't feel the same. Feel free to click on the donation page too. Every little bit helps. I have learned so much about perseverance, making do, embracing life, sharing and showing love...generally living the good life, in any circumstance.
- Something's comin'! The photos to the right and below are your hints. More details to follow!
- A long time back, I posted this about Delaney & Bonnie and many others. If you saw that post, you may remember their daughter Bekka. Today I saw this video someone had posted in honor of her birthday today. I just really love her voice, her heart. So, Happy Birthday Miss Bekka!!
- If you happen to be in Bangalore, India, maybe you will be lucky enough to catch the upcoming show of Bobby Whitlock & CoCo Carmel (hint: click the 'play' button right in the middle) I know their show will be well worth it! I sure wish I could see them :)
|A friend among many!|
- Same nursery, same day...different critter! This one reminded me of Jude's drawings and cloth beasts. Look at that face...love it! Someone recently said that we (the sewing folks of the Spirit Cloth world) end up thinking of one another throughout our days, being reminded of one another as I have been here and with the birds. I like that. I think that is what makes this community a lovely, warm place to be. If it was you who said this comment, please leave the link in the comments. As usual, things are tangled in my forgetful mind, but the essence of how I read that has stayed with me.
- Well, that's all for this day of sharing. No cloth pictures. No recent stitching, just mounds of magazines and cloth sorting into give-away piles! Every time I think I am close, I discover more that I don't really need :) Oy!
Have a great last part of the day!
Photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2012