Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Today...


Today I am Thankful for these views...
on a mountain-top about 28 miles from my house!




Standing on the top of the mountain I was amazed at the distance I could see.  
Then I began to examine the natural elements up close and that was equally amazing.

What happens when a pine cone sits still for a long time!  Pine cone ghosting!


A plaque on the large pine tree.  It reads: "Soar on Vince. You will always be with us."
Recently trimmed pine tree
Very large pine tree!  Oddly enough it has a very short looking trunk, many large branches very low on the trunk and very long needles.  

Heading back down the dirt road, I marvel at the geological history.

All photos by Nancy A. Erisman ©2011

6 comments:

deanna7trees said...

nice images. that last one, at first glance,looks like a turtle.

Nancy said...

Deanna- Yes, I can see the turtle now! I love all the lines and swirls :)

Deb G said...

Beautiful! I especially like the sky pictures. :)

Nancy said...

Deb- Oh but of course! I bet you see that big beautiful sky in fiber!

handstories said...

what big wide open views you have- really something to imagine living in.

Nancy said...

Cindy- Well I have to drive a bit to get to them, but -yes! Day trips around her can get you to a variety of geographical delights :)