Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Paula Scher: Great design is serious (not solemn)




These thought provoking books and videos...and websites keep coming my way!  I was at brain pickings...Mmmmm...don't know how I got there...
In checking out the lists etc. in the left sidebar I had to check out the book list on maps!!  That led to the interesting video above.  Of course I had to take a peek at this map influenced site.  That led to noticing the maps numbered 526, 531, and 534-538.  When I read the About Strange Maps... I wondered, "What is the Big Think?"...When I got tho their "Home" page, my eyes fell on Thinking Makes it So...and in the first paragraph, the link to "Monday's Article" (because I am interested in aging...
PHEW
I have only  skimmed most of this (And by placing it here, I can get back to it easily!  My memory helping technique!)

There are many other titles on the sidebar of Brain Pickings that caught my eye.  But that will have to be for another time, as my late in the day lunch break is over.  After a lot of skimming and some listening, I've no more time for all of this metacognition!  Gotta put my brain to use in a different way!!

What if I mapped my evening Internet travels?  What would that look like?  What if it was a bar graph by frequency or subject or???

I'll leave you to think on your own,
Nancy

UPDATE:
Here is the link in case you can't see the video above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atn22-bmTPU&feature=relmfu

Let me know if this does not work for you either  :)


4 comments:

Ms. ∆×∆p×≥h/4π said...

Metacognition! Ah yes, but the screen is black and blank--maybe you meant for us to go investigate the site ourselves--by way of cognition, note that your late lunch break comes to me at 7:33 PM as darkness descends on the City! Also note I have spent the last hour changing my header (in re design)--Ha! Jude is gone for the weekend so I'm counting on you. Ha Ha!!

Nancy said...

Michelle- Ahhh...now my problem is happening to you! Darn :(
On my end I see the video fine, but I'll add the link at the bottom of the post. Hang on...

Margaret Johnson said...

TESTING

Nancy said...

Hi Margaret!