Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

10 #1 Minute Drill

Introducing the 10 Minute Drill!
What can you accomplish...
What do you see...or feel...or...what else
in a ten minute time span?
Inspired from the football term...
Adapted & expanded...

This first installation is dedicated to Deb at bee creative and her beautiful sky scarf!
I have been following along, watching her sky expand as she adds to it each day.
Today, my thoughts were filled with her beautiful project as I headed out to take care of necessary daily tasks.  
The horizon was filled with stripes of 
dark threatening gray - fuzzy lighter gray - brilliant blue  - puffs of white
It was glorious!  I wished I had my camera.  I wished I could knit!!
Then at sunset, I glanced out my front window at a tinted world.  "Everything's is a wrong color!" I said.  I jumped up, camera in hand and ran outside.  This is what I saw...every direction I turned was more wonderful than the last.  Neighbors came out of their homes to share in the spectacular evening glow.
Enjoy!

It started with a rainbow!!!





Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

spectacular photos. and i have been following that beautiful sky scarf as well. in my world, ten minutes is a long time. lots of ten minute activities in my days.

Nancy said...

Deanna- It was a spectacular sky! You bring up a good point: how long is 10 minutes? Sometimes it goes by in a rush and other times it can feel like forever as you wrap yourself in the colors of an evening sky :)

woman with wings said...

Nancy, you were able to photograph some absolutely amazing & gorgeous cloud scenes...thanks for the sky show!

Deb G said...

That is just gorgeous! And so sweet of you... The sky scarf really is such a magical thing to me. Every bit I add just seems to make it better. I've been thinking about how to do it with fabric...I think it would be very possible.

Nancy said...

Peggy- Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment.

Deb- Oh good you came to look! The sky was amazing all day! I began thinking fabric too...
Mmmmm...

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

those kinds of skies to me are
somehow like promises....that
the planet will take care of itself? or something.

so beautiful.......thank you

Nancy said...

Grace- There is such an inviting Bigness to the sky sometimes, it really pulls you in.
And you are welcome!