Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

10 Minute Drill #2

The little bug lives on!

Today I see some pokey-thing on the rear of the bug.
This bug has spent all of it's time on one of 3 sunflowers.  It has changed colors and grown a bit.  A second one showed up one day, but mysteriously disappeared a few days later.  My guy says this guy ate it!

 A whole world in this one window-box!
This little rebel sunflower makes me laugh!  "I will NOT face the sun and you can't make me!"
The little bugs original home is beginning to wilt.
Slow growing tomatoes
The all purpose dye pot, this was almost dry sludge, until it rained!
Soaking up the warm wall
Oak tree out front
Walnut tree hanging over the driveway
Hungry birds!  I've seen up to 14 of these birds on here at one time!  Wow!
The bell to the right has it's own bird!  Ha!
I am wondering why these bulbs are coming up now, as they usually come up in February.
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

6 comments:

Ms. ∆×∆p×≥h/4π said...

What camera are you using? I really really want to know the specifics (brand make model)---Hope you email me the answer, or post it (I will revisit later)--and your artists eye is working so well at seeing the details, I loved this sequence!

Nancy said...

Michelle-I use a little Cannon Power shot SD1200 IS (10 MGP - zoom 3X15). I really like these Cannons as they take the best, sharpest photos :) I always say, "This camera takes the Best pictures!" And they are on the less expensive end of things too.

deanna7trees said...

that world of little things is so amazing and you capture it so well.

Nancy said...

Deanna- Ya, this little part of my world has played a big part these days! :)

woman with wings said...

Your sunflowers! Those really are some great close-ups. And the other photos are lovely, too. What kind of bird is that, a warbler or an oriole or am I way off? xo

Nancy said...

Peggy- We think they are finches, but we are not sure :)
The sunflowers are little 12 or so inch ones, perfect for a window-box!